GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final fanatsy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles'.
Wed 04/12/02 at 21:42
Regular
Finaly Final fantasy is returning to nintendo and its looking amazing! Its even going to have a link up with The GBA games. Looks like nintendo has had a talk with squaresoft. The GC games (Crystal Cronical) is looking great. But the gameboy games (FFtacttics advance and chocobo:a game of dice) with my oppinion aren't looking that good. Well at least FF is returning to Nintendo.
Fri 06/12/02 at 22:32
Regular
I think Square are returning to their Secret of Mana Snes roots.

Don't worry if it sounds a little Zelda like, it merely takes the best from both worlds:

What makes the Final Fantasy series so great?
The nice graphics, involving story and building up characters with experience characters.

The flaws? The random battles and turn based combat was designed for the make-do power of 8/16 bit machines.
It's also REALLY antisocial when you have friends round.

What Secret of Mana is keeps the epic story, the character building, and nice graphics, but gives you real time fighting as well.
Yes, you still have a team, they're controlled by the computer AI, UNLESS (and this is the best bit!) your friends comes along and feels like taking control of one of them. You can play up to 4 player co-operatively in this new Final Fantasy game.

It's fantastic!

No random battles.
No out-dated "choose your move from the list", which millions of other RPG's use. This is how it should be.
Fri 06/12/02 at 22:31
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Vandal Hearts style maybe?

I've never played Secret of Mana (always wanted to though) so I don't know what that style is like.
Fri 06/12/02 at 22:29
Regular
"bit of a brain"
And who would hold down Cyclone when it's time for his 'treatment'?
Fri 06/12/02 at 22:24
Regular
Indeed.

I wouldn't be able to find uses for them all by myself
Fri 06/12/02 at 22:22
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Indeed I am. And if we didn't stick together, what would we do with all those pins?
Fri 06/12/02 at 22:21
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> I agree. Very much so. ABout the combat.

Are you agreeing with me?

Us sane people have to stick together you know.

I coulnd't care less about it feeling like a team, Secret of Mana worked perfectly well, taht is what it's going to be like.
Fri 06/12/02 at 22:18
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Without the turn based I can see it turning into some Zelda style game, I say keep it turn based, it's what makes it Final Fantasy it's the games difference.

And yep, calling aeons and having all those lovely magic attacks just won't be the same. It won't feel like a team you're in either if it's not turn based, think about it.

Anyway I suppose it's a new direction etc etc
Fri 06/12/02 at 22:17
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I agree. Very much so. ABout the combat.
Fri 06/12/02 at 21:53
Regular
The previous combat system in FF games is crap, I absolutely hate it.

Oh look lets sit around and wait for this meter to fill up, the I can select an action and do it all over again. Of course the computer doesn't have to search through all the damn menus....

That system is probably the only reason Chrono Trigger doens't make my top 5 RPGs list.

Either it's proper turn based, or real time. Anything else and I won't buy it.
Fri 06/12/02 at 21:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The really overblown but cool attacks.

Like that one Sephiroth uses agaist you in the final battle.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.