GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final fanatsy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles'.
Wed 04/12/02 at 21:42
Regular
Finaly Final fantasy is returning to nintendo and its looking amazing! Its even going to have a link up with The GBA games. Looks like nintendo has had a talk with squaresoft. The GC games (Crystal Cronical) is looking great. But the gameboy games (FFtacttics advance and chocobo:a game of dice) with my oppinion aren't looking that good. Well at least FF is returning to Nintendo.
Wed 04/12/02 at 21:42
Finaly Final fantasy is returning to nintendo and its looking amazing! Its even going to have a link up with The GBA games. Looks like nintendo has had a talk with squaresoft. The GC games (Crystal Cronical) is looking great. But the gameboy games (FFtacttics advance and chocobo:a game of dice) with my oppinion aren't looking that good. Well at least FF is returning to Nintendo.
Wed 04/12/02 at 21:45
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Even better that the FF were are getting sorta looks like FF7, the best one out of the series.

And, With the power of the Gamecube, It should reach limts that the PS2 could never reach.
Wed 04/12/02 at 22:16
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Final Fantasy rules, it's the reason I owned a Playstation.

I heard rumours it won't be turn based which is a totally new direction for FF games, it's supposed to be real time like Zelda.

As far as FF goes it's up to you if you think that's a good move or not.
Wed 04/12/02 at 22:23
Regular
its supposed to be out in US before Xmas this year, but i doubt it!

would be good tho!
Fri 06/12/02 at 13:58
Regular
"NJAN"
AGH?!?!?!? not turn based??? what the hell is wrong with this world? no ff on the n64 and we all cried (secretly, of course!). they announce ff for the gc and we all rejoice. now they say its not turn based? and we cry again (secretly, of course, again). what, do they think that nintendo gamers wont be able to cope with turn based rpgs?
Amos.
ps. i heard that squaresoft and enix have merged? is this true? and imagine what an amazing game ffcc will be if the two work on it! just so long as its turn based! :)
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:52
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I do agree that the game not being turn based does take away a certain element were all familiar with in the FF games, I'd like in turn based anyway. It's a motif I'm used to and makes FF more challanging.
Fri 06/12/02 at 20:36
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Ture, It'll be harder to make them Stunning Graphical Attacks...
Fri 06/12/02 at 21:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The really overblown but cool attacks.

Like that one Sephiroth uses agaist you in the final battle.
Fri 06/12/02 at 21:53
Regular
The previous combat system in FF games is crap, I absolutely hate it.

Oh look lets sit around and wait for this meter to fill up, the I can select an action and do it all over again. Of course the computer doesn't have to search through all the damn menus....

That system is probably the only reason Chrono Trigger doens't make my top 5 RPGs list.

Either it's proper turn based, or real time. Anything else and I won't buy it.
Fri 06/12/02 at 22:17
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I agree. Very much so. ABout the combat.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.