GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"the topic everyone seems to forget - freeloader"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/12/02 at 13:10
Regular
isnt the 'newest' release date supposed to be tommorow??? so far ive not heard anyone talk about this and 6/12/02 is the date on most websites. as i havent heard anything about it i only assume this too is now not going happen,

has anyone heard of a definate release date, it seems we've been waiting forever for this,
Thu 05/12/02 at 14:03
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Kastro wrote:
> Where do all of you get your imports from?

I got SMB and SMS while i was in America, but SSX and TH3 i got from Goblin, they were in a half price sale.
Thu 05/12/02 at 14:04
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Time_Warp wrote:
> I got Super Monkey Ball 2 from a Canadian company on Ebay. Overall it
> cost me £40 and got here in 4 days.
>
> Better than some English companies. (:)

Monkey ball cost me £33 from toys R us in the florida mall.

:¬)
Thu 05/12/02 at 14:04
"Darkness, always"
Buying games before you have the capacity to play them seems to me to be the hight of stupidity.

If you waited until you were aware that your "freeloader had been dispatched to you, and then ordered the imports, that would be OK.

But buying a load of games on the premise that you will be getting a product which has yet to be released just seems dumb.

Sorry if that offends, but I would never do that. If for no reason other than the interest I will save on buying the games at a later date.
Thu 05/12/02 at 14:13
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
You see that may seem stupid to you, but not to me. I got all of my NTSC games cheaper than you could buy them here, so thats a bonus. The only shadow hanging over freeloader is when it will be released, not if.
Thu 05/12/02 at 15:04
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Heh- yeah, like Sam said, i got my copy of SMB 2 from an unnamed website :D for the good rpice of £32 altogether, and that's including P+P. Not bad too- got it in four days. :D
Thu 05/12/02 at 15:10
"Darkness, always"
so you save £3 on a game. the freeloader itself costs £25. So you'd have to buy 9 import games at that "bargain" price before the investment bears fruit.

And with the continued delays of the action replay device, some of these games may well be available to everyone else before you get them.
Thu 05/12/02 at 15:18
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
£25? No- that's for the freeloader AND AR. i got the FL seperately for £17. Besides, I was going to get SMB 2 anyway, so why not get it early? And what if the FL isn't released? I have friends at school who have USA cubes- and would indeed be interested in buying it.
Thu 05/12/02 at 15:44
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I pre-ordered my Freeloader for £16 on E-bay and also purchased Hawks 3 and Dave Mirras 2 (both NTSC) for the total price of £35.00. Therfore, I've spent around £50 for two games and a freeloader which isn't too bad.
Thu 05/12/02 at 16:28
Regular
oh deary me, all your poor people waiting for the freeloader to arrive, well, good luck to you, byt the time it is released allt he games you want now like metroid will be released here

oh well, i am thankful for my import cube i have had hours of fun already!
Thu 05/12/02 at 20:44
Regular
Heh. And i'm sitting here with a q that runs us games, and i still haven't bought any.

Been keeping an eye out on ebay, but none seem that cheap. SMB 2 would be good mind...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.