GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just how good is Van Nisteltrooy?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/02/02 at 09:38
Regular
I think he is currently the best striker in the world, and the best since Marco Van Basten. Its a real shame he won't be able to showcase his talents on the biggest stage of all this summer
Thu 28/02/02 at 18:37
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
Like many, I too was very unsure about Van Nistelrooy when he was first bought to Man United, but then again after all the time and effort that Ferguson put into bringing him to the club, I don't think there was ever really any doubt that he'd turn out to be one of the best strikers in the world.

I'd certainly love to have a player the calibre of Van Nistelrooy playing for Spurs, but I think we're a few years away from attracting such fantastic players to North London.
Sat 02/03/02 at 12:39
Regular
"Long time no see!"
An Arsenal fan at my school claims van Nistelrooy is $hite, cuz he cannot score from outside the box!
He's an Arsenal fan who loves Henry, and reckons he's better just cuz he's scored more in the league and can score some from long range.

But surely, strikers are meant to get in the box at the right time, like Ruud does?? And are meant to leave the business around the middle of the field to the midfielders!?

What do you think?? Is my 'friend' correct in saying that Henry's 'much better', just becase he scores and plays differently??

They're are both 2 different top-strikers, and are both 2 different players! You never see Henry in the box asmuch do you!
Sat 02/03/02 at 13:00
Regular
Also, Van Nistelrooy is only in his first season. How can he really be compared to Henry properly? Henry has been playing in the premiership a good few seasons now and has had much more time to adapt.

Remember when Henry first came to Arsenal? His finishing was worse than Andy Cole.

Give Van Nistelrooy another season before he is judged properly. 30 Goals by February isnt bad though...
Tue 05/03/02 at 17:03
not as good as thierry henry
Tue 05/03/02 at 17:13
"High polygon count"
Or†ega wrote:
> Remember when Henry first came to
> Arsenal? His finishing was worse than Andy Cole.

Ah, but Henry had always played as a winger prior to coming to Arsenal. It's Arsene Wenger who has turned him into the striker he is.

Van Man has always been a striker.
Tue 05/03/02 at 19:55
Regular
No he hadnt.

Henry only started playing as a Winger for Juventus. Before that he always played up front. He only played on the wing for Juve becasue he coudldnt get a place up front.

As for Van Nistelrooy, He started his career as a Midfielder.
Tue 05/03/02 at 20:27
Van is the Man
'nough said.
Tue 05/03/02 at 21:59
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Ruud is the man yes, but he also needs a rest!
And Henry played as a striker at his first club Monaco, when United showed a strong interest in him.
Wed 06/03/02 at 10:20
Regular
I noticed that he has played nearly all games this season
Wed 06/03/02 at 10:21
Regular
unlike Yorke

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.