GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just how good is Van Nisteltrooy?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/02/02 at 09:38
Regular
I think he is currently the best striker in the world, and the best since Marco Van Basten. Its a real shame he won't be able to showcase his talents on the biggest stage of all this summer
Wed 27/02/02 at 09:38
Regular
I think he is currently the best striker in the world, and the best since Marco Van Basten. Its a real shame he won't be able to showcase his talents on the biggest stage of all this summer
Wed 27/02/02 at 10:51
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Answer = 30 goals this season!

Yeah its a shame he won't be at the World Cup, but I'm glad the Irish are there. Keano deserves to get a chance on the World stage. If the Irish had two good strikers, (I think Keane is decent, but Quinn will struggle to stay fit and I don't think he is an international class striker) they could have done well in Korea/Japan.
Wed 27/02/02 at 10:59
Regular
Although Van Nistelrooy is a great player, in my opinion he is not the best in the world. Anyone can score goals at Man Utd considering the amount of chances set up for him.

I think this becasue Van Nistelrooy has underperformed when we played our main title contenders. He has only scored against Newcastle in the premiership, not scoring against Leeds, Arsenal, Liverpool (twice), and chelsea.

Although, this is his first season, so it isnt too much of a concern. 30 goals by February is a remarkable feat no matter who you have scored them against.
Wed 27/02/02 at 11:52
Regular
"Stud-muffin!!"
I must admit I was sceptical about RvN at first, and that scepticism remained for quite some time, as I didn't think his goals were classy enough. I thought he was just in the right place at the right time and just managed to grab a few easy shots. He has proved me wrong though throughout this season, he is a decent player. He does have 'off-days' though.
Wed 27/02/02 at 12:08
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
He is playing the best football I have seen him play in quite some time and with the likes of Giggs, Beckham and Veron creating chance after chance I am sure he will continue to get better and score more goals.
Wed 27/02/02 at 12:10
Regular
"smile, it's free"
A good striker can pull off a goal from nowhere, with a gret shot or, or a run which splits the defence.

A great striker doesn't have to, because he has the ability to create better chances.

That's one thing I will say about Andy Cole... although his finishing is absolutely terrible, his off the ball work, positioning, and reading of the game are second to none, and net him an excellent goals per game record,despite the number of chances missed. I have no doubt that if he had the finishing of someone like Solsjaer, or Shearer, he'd have been one of the best (if not the best) striker in Europe
Wed 27/02/02 at 12:13
Regular
"smile, it's free"
(Note: I am also talking about Ruud in those first two sentences)
Wed 27/02/02 at 16:16
Regular
"Great Scott's"
All i have to say is he is a great player, just like the Dutch Legend, Van Basten.
Wed 27/02/02 at 16:37
Very good!!!!!!
Wed 27/02/02 at 18:25
Regular
weve been through this topic before

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.