GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shooting Stars"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/02/02 at 22:23
Regular
(presenter: Tony) Welcome, to shooting stars. Welcome, whoever you ares!
I like gaming,
But there's non-stop complaining,
from all those guys who think they're shoot-ing starrrrrrrrss!

(announcer: That voice on Crazy Taxi 2) That's right, we're back and welcome to Shooting stars! This week we got some amaaaaaazing contenders!
On team A we have President Hiroshi Yamauchi of Nintendo co, the noticable Ant, and the incresingly anxious Dringo!
And on team B, we have special guests such as Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Mario and Lara Croft!

(Tony) Anyway, we can't have a game of shooting stars without Ali-doors. So everybody stand up for Aliiiiii!

"He's a baby. He's a baby! He's a baby! He's a baby!"

Here we have the True or False round! I will ask each of you a game related question and you each have to answer 'Is it true? Or is it false?'

Hiroshi, True or false. Mario got stuck in Princess toadstool's pipes?

(Hiroshi:) Well don't be so rediculous! Of course he didn't! Nintendo have an image to keep up! We're not going to allow adult material to come anywhere near our consoles!

(Tony:)Is that so?

(Hiroshi:) That was totally uncalled for! Your show will never have any deals with Shigeru now for making games for Nintendo!

(Tony) But is it true? Or is it false?

(Hiroshi) False!

(Tony) Wrong!

Lara Croft, here's one for you. If you indulge yourself in the pleasures of the adult kind, would your body snap and you die a happy young girl?

(Lara - giggling) That's obviously false!

(Tony) It's true!

(Lara) Yes, all of you look! You may have done the naked lara cheat, but I am still a virgin! It's all true!

(Tony)

One for you Dringo, Edgy's Axe grows larger when he tells a lie.

(Dringo) hehe, well that sounds so stupid it must be true!

(Tony)It's false! You lose! You lose! You looooooooose!
*cough*

Sorry about that. Sonic, a hedgehog can only die by being flattened by an oncoming car. True or False?

(Sonic) Well that's obviouly false! I've almost had a few close shaves in my time!

(Tony) I'm sorry, that's true!

Ant, are you ready?

Ants can carry 7 times their body weight.

(Ant) True!

(Tony) Lets see shall we! Dringo, if you would like to pull that lever....

It's false!

Mario, you've got the last question. Luigi has managed to get inside your princess's pipes whilst inside her castle. True of False?

(Mario) H0-ho-hoooo Ita wouldn't be a Luigi! He isa my twin brother! Ho-ho-hooooo

(Tony) It's true.

Well that's two of our contestants gone now! So Ali-doors, what are the scores?

(Ali) Dringo's team have 10 points but in the lead with 27 points it's Sonics team!

(tony)Well, we might as well go straight to the quick fire round because we've lost too many people to continue with anything else, plus I wanna see if Peach and her rosy little cheeks are free for tonight.

Anyway, as always, the quickfire round will finish when you hear this noise:

(Ali) Idiot!

(Tony) What species of animal is Sonic?

(Sonic) Hedgehog?

(Tony) Nope, species 40294, not worth assimulating. Question two: What type of games do Nintendo make?

(Dringo) Brilliant quality games suitable for all ages!

(Yamauchi) Let me correct you there! We make games for little kids to play! Fudge Rare, Fudge Capcom, they can all go to hell!

(Tony) Your first answer was correct!

Dringo, looks like you're on your own now!

(Dringo) I'm always alone. I fight the good fight against the evil Notables, nothing can stop me, nothing will stop me.

(Tony) Well it's one on one! Who invented the wheel?

(Sonic) Ancient cavemen!

(Tony) No, actually it was George Lucas!

(Ali) Idiot!

(Tony) Well that's the end of the quickfire round! So what are the score Ali-doors?

(ali) Well Sonic have only got 6 points, but this weeks winners with 8 points are, sorry is Dringo!

(Tony) Well done Dringo, you get to choose the game of your choice for any console!

(Dringo) I choose....

(tony)Welcome, to shooting stars. Welcome, whoever you ares!
I like gaming,
But there's non-stop complaining,
from all those guys who think they're shoot-ing starrrrrrrrss!

*cough* the end *cough*
Wed 27/02/02 at 16:07
Regular
Well that's a better response than I thought I'd get :)
Wed 27/02/02 at 12:56
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I actually liked that :)

Good.
Wed 27/02/02 at 10:23
Regular
"Stud-muffin!!"
Nice one!!!!!!!
Wed 27/02/02 at 09:00
Regular
"not dead"
Very good, I liked that.
Wed 27/02/02 at 07:57
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Heh heh heh, Shooting Stars is the second funniest thing on television, behind They Think It's All Over.

This was very good too, although to say you match up to the comic genius of Vic & Bob would be blasphemy!
Tue 26/02/02 at 22:46
Regular
What do you call a car that has a bark instead of a horn?

Rover!

Tue 26/02/02 at 22:42
Regular
"Remember me?"
Edgy said
"Shot myself in the foot there aint I!"

Definately. Better get some bandages for that. :OP
Tue 26/02/02 at 22:39
Regular
It did take me a long time to type...but not because of my typing skills, but because of my thinking skills.

Shot myself in the foot there aint I!
Tue 26/02/02 at 22:34
Regular
"Remember me?"
OK, so I kinda exaggerated on my reply....but it's still funny. And I know it took you a while to type. I know this due to 2 pieces of evidence:

1) It's incredibly long.
2) YOU'RE A SLOW TYPER! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Hmmmmmm.......

Tue 26/02/02 at 22:33
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
its the wonderful wonderful BRA!
have that in your next show

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.