GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another topic about Viewtiful Joe and PN03......but damn they look good!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Viewtiful Joe'.
Thu 05/12/02 at 18:39
Regular
Okay, if you haven't already done it then get over to gamesradar.com. Check out the download section and look at PN 03 and Viewtiful Joe videos. They. Look. Amazing.

Viewtiful Joe is the cartoon superhero game - it's some sort of side scrolling beat 'em up, but better than it sounds because the action kind of branches off. It looks hella cool, all teh characters are kind of small with biggish heads - not deformed, you understand, but a cartoon style. And it's the best example of cel-shading I have ever seen. It's just how it should be - so you don't notice straight away.

PN03 also looks absolutely brilliant. It's all laser gun action with amazing acrobatic stunts and doging maneouvres - expect to be able to do some pretty amazing stuff in this game. Rather than cartoon style it is a realistic game, with the main character being some sort of gun wielding biatch.

I'd highly advise you to download both videos if at all possible - if you don't have much space then just delete them straight afterwards, because these videos will change your life*. They've certainly impressed me and made me a lot more excited about them. I'll probably pre-order them next time I get the chance, although I'm not sure you can yet.

*May not be true.
Thu 05/12/02 at 18:39
Okay, if you haven't already done it then get over to gamesradar.com. Check out the download section and look at PN 03 and Viewtiful Joe videos. They. Look. Amazing.

Viewtiful Joe is the cartoon superhero game - it's some sort of side scrolling beat 'em up, but better than it sounds because the action kind of branches off. It looks hella cool, all teh characters are kind of small with biggish heads - not deformed, you understand, but a cartoon style. And it's the best example of cel-shading I have ever seen. It's just how it should be - so you don't notice straight away.

PN03 also looks absolutely brilliant. It's all laser gun action with amazing acrobatic stunts and doging maneouvres - expect to be able to do some pretty amazing stuff in this game. Rather than cartoon style it is a realistic game, with the main character being some sort of gun wielding biatch.

I'd highly advise you to download both videos if at all possible - if you don't have much space then just delete them straight afterwards, because these videos will change your life*. They've certainly impressed me and made me a lot more excited about them. I'll probably pre-order them next time I get the chance, although I'm not sure you can yet.

*May not be true.
Thu 05/12/02 at 19:00
Regular
pfffttttt

At least someone else is finally taking an interest!

Except you failed to mention Killer 7 is quite clearly the best.
Thu 05/12/02 at 19:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I concur. Up to now, setting aside our differences (!) me and WS seem to be the only ones who are interested.

All of them look superb, with PN03 looking to be my fav. Kller 7, Viewtiful Joe and Dead Phoenix all look cool.

Excellent.

:D
Thu 05/12/02 at 19:45
Regular
The only difference between us is that your crazy and I'm not :D

Doesn't mean we aren't good friends :D
Thu 05/12/02 at 19:45
Whitestripes wrote:
> pfffttttt
>
> At least someone else is finally taking an interest!
>
> Except you failed to mention Killer 7 is quite clearly the best.

Is? Don't you mean will be? Anyway, I watched the video and it looked utter pap. I had to turn away several times because the graphics are excrutiatingly awkward. I know graphics don't make a game, but I know I couldn't stand to play a whole game's worth of it. So I won't be buying it. Probably.

And Dead Phoenix looks quite good too, although I haven't had chance to watch any videos of it. I'm expecting good things, though.
Thu 05/12/02 at 19:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I found the vids AGES ago..............Gaaaawwwwd!

WS will not be happy at that.

PNO3 looks the best. For me.
Thu 05/12/02 at 19:49
I knew they were available ages ago....but I only downloaded 'em recently. I wasn't excited about them or anything, until I see them.
Thu 05/12/02 at 19:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Indeed.

They all look quality.
Thu 05/12/02 at 19:53
Regular
pppppppppfffffffffftttttttttttttttttt

and

pish

Killer 7 looks the best by a hell of a long way, it's a noir looking/assinastion/police investigation type game.

And it has rocking cell shaded graphics.

Cell shading and killing works so damn well.

RAHHHHH
Thu 05/12/02 at 19:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
So you like the look of XIII as well then?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.