GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"xbox die like dreamcast ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/12/02 at 19:37
Regular
most of my friends and alot of people seem to think the xbox is gonna end up like the dreamcast is this just anti-xbox talk

anyway i don't care most of them are nintendo fanboys and i'm still gonna get a xbox for christmas but i don't see how it could anyway after all microsoft are only like one of the richest companys on earth
Fri 06/12/02 at 20:17
Regular
well thats good to here thx :)
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:47
Regular
"everyone says it"
moh_fan wrote:
> i'm sorry if you think this is a pointless topic its just i want to be
> sure its gonna last at least a couple of years lol i wanna get one
> over a gamecube because it has more games that i want but i know
> microsfot won't end up in finacial ruin but i could if i pick the
> wrong console lol

Couple of years? From now...

...probably not. That's my guess. It'll be the end of 2005 then. Way old for a console.
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:44
Regular
i'm sorry if you think this is a pointless topic its just i want to be sure its gonna last at least a couple of years lol i wanna get one over a gamecube because it has more games that i want but i know microsfot won't end up in finacial ruin but i could if i pick the wrong console lol
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:29
"slightlyshortertagl"
read EDGE

Plonker.
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:25
Regular
"everyone says it"
Console_kid wrote:
> Why do people think that XBox is going to be a Dreamcast?????
>
> Its selling better than Gamecube! If anything Gamecube is closer to a
> Dreamcast than XBox.

Its games aren't. And Nintendo are making more money and profit. So if ANYTHING the PS2 is closer to the Dreamcast. Actually in Japan the XBox is closer to the Dreamcast.

Oh shutup all of you and me. What a pointless topic.
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:20
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Why do people think that XBox is going to be a Dreamcast?????

Its selling better than Gamecube! If anything Gamecube is closer to a Dreamcast than XBox.

The only thing XBox and Dreamcast have in common is online play...... AND AMAZING GAMES!!!!!! YAY.
Thu 05/12/02 at 19:59
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Microsoft have plenty of money. Sega didn't.

Microsoft WILL dominate the console market, even if the Xbox doesn't. Just look at their history. It's the sad fact that with money, a company can do anything.
Thu 05/12/02 at 19:51
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
A MS dude was asked did Xbox have a fall out plan, jis responce was "no, we will double our efforts to ensure Xbox is a sucess".

Or something. Anyway, I think bar Japan xbox has had a good entry into the industry. What did you all expect, people to sudden;y stop buying PS2s and buy XBoxs instead? Common it takes time.
Thu 05/12/02 at 19:37
Regular
most of my friends and alot of people seem to think the xbox is gonna end up like the dreamcast is this just anti-xbox talk

anyway i don't care most of them are nintendo fanboys and i'm still gonna get a xbox for christmas but i don't see how it could anyway after all microsoft are only like one of the richest companys on earth

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.