GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"xbox die like dreamcast ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/12/02 at 19:37
Regular
most of my friends and alot of people seem to think the xbox is gonna end up like the dreamcast is this just anti-xbox talk

anyway i don't care most of them are nintendo fanboys and i'm still gonna get a xbox for christmas but i don't see how it could anyway after all microsoft are only like one of the richest companys on earth
Wed 11/12/02 at 13:14
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
An extract from IGN'S Gaming Japan insider section said. And on the Nintendo side of things Their Last Hope adverts have come out with a picture of a zelda display.
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:18
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Maverick42 wrote:
> No there isn't, you made that up. The fact is, one of the branches of
> SEGA went to Microsoft (they make Blinx, I think).

He's kinda right, CNN's business section of their site a week or so back reported that Microsoft wanted to buy 22% of Sega's shares, though obviously 22% is not the same as buying the whole thing, so you were kinda right a well.

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:14
Regular
J-42 wrote:
> I think you'll find they did say that, although i don't have any
> proof, i can remember it.

Well that counts for lots, doesn't it. It was a misquote by some incompetent journalist, and Nintendo have now announced that work on the successors to GameCube and GBA is well underway.
Sun 08/12/02 at 21:11
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Maverick42 wrote:

> That was never said. What was said, was that Nintendo were going to be
> concentrating on making great games for the console of the moment,
> rather than pouring funds into their next. And rightly so.

I think you'll find they did say that, although i don't have any proof, i can remember it.
Sun 08/12/02 at 12:35
Regular
moh_fan wrote:
> hmmm well i think the xbox will last quite a while now being backed by
> one of the most succesful companys in the world

Maybe that puts people off?

> as for the nintendo sega idea i can't see this happening after all
> nintendo were saying not too long ago that the gamecube might be their
> last console so i reckon they could end up like sega simply making
> games only

That was never said. What was said, was that Nintendo were going to be concentrating on making great games for the console of the moment, rather than pouring funds into their next. And rightly so.

> and as for sega well their is a rumor going around that microsoft
> might buy them.

No there isn't, you made that up. The fact is, one of the branches of SEGA went to Microsoft (they make Blinx, I think).
Sat 07/12/02 at 15:33
"+ suspicious minds"
that 'last console' thing was a bloody mis-translation!
Sat 07/12/02 at 11:53
Regular
hmmm well i think the xbox will last quite a while now being backed by one of the most succesful companys in the world

as for the nintendo sega idea i can't see this happening after all nintendo were saying not too long ago that the gamecube might be their last console so i reckon they could end up like sega simply making games only

and as for sega well their is a rumor going around that microsoft might buy them.

i reckon in the next generatrion of consoles around 2005 you'll see a xbox 2 a ps3 and maybe someone new might enter the arena after all linux where looking to make a games console.
Sat 07/12/02 at 10:48
"+ suspicious minds"
I don't think that the X-box will ever get very far up the charts, it's is aiming at the PS2 market. the gamecube sems to be slowly rising, but Microsoft can afford to keep plugging away.

unless sony stop making consoles, then both you and I are pretty buggered in a few years come. If the patterns continue, microsoft will probably think smart and drop out, and nintendo will maybe merge with sega to either produce their Last console or go third party. that is, although there would only be one console to develope for.
Sat 07/12/02 at 10:17
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Again i agree, who wants a console made by bullies, we want them out!
Sat 07/12/02 at 00:47
Regular
Tóm wrote:
> Microsoft WILL dominate the console market, even if the Xbox doesn't.
> Just look at their history. It's the sad fact that with money, a
> company can do anything.

If Microsoft DO dominate the console market, I'd rather not have a console than one of theirs. It's a matter of principle, and I'm sure many people feel the same way. Seriously, I'd just have so much hatred for them...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.