GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSBM or ED?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/12/02 at 12:56
Regular
so christmas is on the horizon and we are all readin reviews bout which games to get off that fat guy in red. ive narrowed it down to 2 games, i think, and they are Super Smash Bros Melee or Eternal Darkness. Each genre suits me equally and id enjoy playing one as much as the other, but which one???

SSBM is a great game as we all know, but depends heavily on multiplayer.
And Eternal Darkness is a stunner of a game, but with no multiplayer.
Ive got 2 controllers and might be gettin one more this month.

So what do ye guys recon, SSBM or ED?
Amos.
Fri 06/12/02 at 12:56
Regular
"NJAN"
so christmas is on the horizon and we are all readin reviews bout which games to get off that fat guy in red. ive narrowed it down to 2 games, i think, and they are Super Smash Bros Melee or Eternal Darkness. Each genre suits me equally and id enjoy playing one as much as the other, but which one???

SSBM is a great game as we all know, but depends heavily on multiplayer.
And Eternal Darkness is a stunner of a game, but with no multiplayer.
Ive got 2 controllers and might be gettin one more this month.

So what do ye guys recon, SSBM or ED?
Amos.
Fri 06/12/02 at 12:57
"Wa-wa-west"
I say ED, as SSBM doesn't really appeal to me, but I never know until I've played something, so I might be wrong.
Fri 06/12/02 at 13:04
"The Will of D."
Both if you have the money, they are equally the best of their genre out so far.
I have them both since I bought SSBM when it came out on the 25th of May '02.
Fri 06/12/02 at 13:19
Regular
"NJAN"
but is super smash bros worth it if i only have 2 controllers (if i didnt get the third)?
Fri 06/12/02 at 15:24
Regular
"aliens exist"
having owned both i would say that Eternal Darkness is the better game, but both are good, so its up to u,
Fri 06/12/02 at 17:04
"The Will of D."
amos wrote:
> but is super smash bros worth it if i only have 2 controllers (if i
> didnt get the third)?

Naa! You can have either a 1 on 1 battle or a 2 on 2 battle with either a copmuter attacker on your side or your friend.

I have both and they are well worth buying, and if you want you can buy SSBM with Mario Party 4 and get 2 (yes 2) wavebird controllers free at TOYS'R'US ;
I saw it today at break (at work experience, not school) in the SUN.
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:04
Regular
"Festivus!"
Bomberman Generations or ISS2... Or Tony Hawks 4
Fri 06/12/02 at 22:54
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
I'll have to say SSBM as i've never played on ED before. This then means my opinion is worthless.
Sat 07/12/02 at 11:11
"The Will of D."
ED is not a FPS em up, it may have guns available at certain parts of the game but they are not usually the main weapon since there is a limited amount of ammo you can find during the game.
It is an adventure game since you can see your person moving around the screen, instead of through his/her eyes in a FPS.
Sat 07/12/02 at 11:13
Regular
"Balls"
so is ED better & harder than resident evil? or are they about the same?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.