GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"pc or console?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/02/02 at 17:50
Regular
just in general

it`s a tough one but id go for console because they work just for games and ar echeaper if you just want to play games.
Tue 26/02/02 at 17:50
just in general

it`s a tough one but id go for console because they work just for games and ar echeaper if you just want to play games.
Tue 26/02/02 at 17:53
Pc, definitely.

And boz you're wrong, only GameCube is exclusively for playing games. The other contenders (Ps2 and X-box) are multimedia systems.
Tue 26/02/02 at 17:55
thats the one i`m getting (once i get enough money).
Tue 26/02/02 at 17:57
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
They only play DVD films and music, so what? i'd be able to buy a seperate dvd player and a GC and it would be the same price/cheaper than the PS2 laugh price and the XBox launch price.

also it's not exclusive, soon it will have it's modem and i'll be able to surf the net, if I ever get bored of looking t the very pretty designed box, don't remeber the PS2 or XBox looking that stylish.
i'm much happier with the GC, proving that size doesn't matter...but! it's still a lot more powerful than the PS2! ooh almost David and Goliath, although me thinks the PS2 will/is more popular.
Tue 26/02/02 at 18:10
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
sorry, i'd go for a PC, wouldn't be the same twisted boring kid without one, plays game, makes music, homework, watch films, chat here, plays games and loads of other useless things, consoles are very limited, although I love playing my N64 it costs loads for new games, so no new challenge.
Tue 26/02/02 at 19:43
Regular
well im afraid it has to be a console for me. pc games generally fail my expectations of a game and SOME of them are seriously tediously slow
Tue 26/02/02 at 19:57
grumpyboyquinton wrote:
> well im afraid it has to be a console for me. pc games generally fail my
> expectations of a game and SOME of them are seriously tediously slow

That's cos you are crap at them!!! If you actually TRIED to play a PC game properly (e.g. serious sam 2) you would see that they are actually decent games. You are too used to that crappy Ps2 controller of yours.
Tue 26/02/02 at 20:00
Regular
"¬_¬"
For good fun with multiplayer and casual gaming, consoles are good. Switch em on, and you're away with up to 4 players.

PC games are great for the genres which it is good for. Shooters, Strategy and Role-Playing are what PC is for. Because it has keyboard and mouse. Civilization could never be carried out well on a console.

PC is also great for immersive play. Hardcore gamers are unanimous in that console and PC are great for gaming, for their different reasons.
Tue 26/02/02 at 20:45
Regular
serious sam 2 a good game. hmmmmmmmmm.....let me see so you think that jagged edges unintelligent mindleess gameplay which isnt even to challenging for a five year old makes a good pc game?

think again boblin that was a bad example to use. and yes there are several god pc games hence i said the word SOME pc games are slow.
Tue 26/02/02 at 21:42
Regular
Serious Sam games are good, they go back to the good old days of Doom with just non stop mindless killing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.