GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SIZE DOES MATTER!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/02/02 at 17:46
Regular
Have you all seen the actual size of a x-box,there HUGE!! Why are they so big??,there bigger than the playstation 2,the playstation 2's are quite big.What sort of softwear is going to be included in the x-box.Do you think the size of a console matters,where could we store one??I think its too big but it looks good!!

P.S I'm still for gamecube-nintendos the best
Tue 26/02/02 at 18:43
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
the bigger the console the more things you can buy
Tue 26/02/02 at 18:43
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I don't think the size of the console matters, if I had the money i'd buy one, just a problem finding some space for it, I don't tend to look at the console too much, wish consoles had a remote control to switch them on, it's annoying, iv'e got extension cables but the consoles too fr away! sheesh.
Tue 26/02/02 at 19:50
size doest matter all the time looka t the GBA its small but powerfull
Tue 26/02/02 at 21:12
Regular
"Tat Twam Asi"
I can end this debate very quickly. Take the worlds first computer that could add up at about the same speed as your average Little Chef waitress. It took up several rooms, not unlike the afore mentioned waitress. Anyway, our lovely friends in the Godzilla infested land of Japan made everything nice and small for us Like PlayStation and Game Boy Advance.

The Xbox is huge cos the Americans made it!! And they have an obsession with being the biggest and the best!

End of story
Tue 26/02/02 at 22:06
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's like that clockwork radio that man with two wives who lives on an island invented. It was made with a really big, heavy case so that it felt like it had some worth. The insides, however, were tiny and would have fitted in a matchbox sized case. True story.
Tue 26/02/02 at 22:08
Regular
"I confused?"
I was surprised the x-box was so big. I thought with the consoles the smaller the better.
Tue 26/02/02 at 23:03
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I don't think the size of the X-Box is a bad thing. In some ways its nice to take home something big. Shows that you've spent a lot of money rather than showing your parents you just spent £300 on a console the size of a birdseye fishfinger box. ;-))

Unlike other consoles, the X-Box apparently doesn't over heat which can be a problem with the more compact consoles. Plus as long as you can fit it in a good place, who cares about the size ? Don't know too many people that are going to be jogging with a console strapped to their hip, listening to CD's.
Wed 27/02/02 at 00:52
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
yeah but being big is a prob for some i mean you've seen my TV set up savatt i can just get the PS2 under.

But hey if you can affor £300 notes you can afford a better tv stand LOL
Wed 27/02/02 at 01:36
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Exactly you bloody cheap skate ;-))

Just kidding. ;-) We'll have to think of a new set up for your room when I get over there next. ;-)) Thats the only problem with shoe box size rooms ! My room is bigger nowadays but the double bed I decided to go for just leaves me with sod all space again.

Trying to figure out a new set up for a new widescreen tv and a good PC. Gotta try and work it out so that there aren't tons of wires to break your neck tripping over when you get through the door. ;-))
Fri 01/03/02 at 16:18
Regular
"'Excellent....'"
~Resurection~ wrote:
> yeah but being big is a prob for some i mean you've seen my TV set up savatt i
> can just get the PS2 under.

But hey if you can affor £300 notes you can
> afford a better tv stand LOL

I totally agree!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.