GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games™"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/12/02 at 19:21
Regular
I picked up the first issue today, it’s a new ‘intellectual’ video games magazine along the lines of Edge.

Now, I would recommend it to anybody on these forums, because it is exactly the kind of mag which would go with the forums - lots of humour, a laid-back attitude yet lots of clever and imaginative stuff. The reviews take Edge’s policy of 5/10 being average, not 7, except the magazine style isn’t as strict and inhumane as Edge. Best of all though, it’s well written, funny, reasonably priced and long - this first issue is nigh on 200 pages long.

I really hope this magazine doesn’t flop, and I know if you buy it you’ll like it, and find it better than anything else you read. Except perhaps Edge.

So go on - treat yourself - it’s multiformat, it’s detailed, and it’s intelligent. What more could you want?
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:10
I'll have a look when I pick up Cube in...around 10 days...lol

(:)
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:04
Regular
"¬_¬"
You should all buy it. It's great.
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:01
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Kill the innocent!
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:00
"slightlyshortertagl"
meh....

I saw it in 2 places today but didn;t have any money on me.... I like the cover 0)
Sat 07/12/02 at 12:56
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Alan Rudd wrote:
> ½pint wrote:
> I picked up the first issue today, it’s a new ‘intellectual’ video
> games magazine along the lines of Edge.
>
> copy of what magazine???

You are an imbecile, read the thread
Sat 07/12/02 at 10:21
"Gimme The Triforce"
½pint wrote:
> I picked up the first issue today, it’s a new ‘intellectual’ video
> games magazine along the lines of Edge.

copy of what magazine???
Sat 07/12/02 at 10:21
Regular
"Max Power"
DW wrote:
> ™

whats that supposed to mean>?
Sat 07/12/02 at 10:18
Regular
"¬_¬"
Dringo wrote:
> GAMEStm is a wicked magazine packed with informative ideas...
>
> It is every two months and is so full of information... they obviously
> like X-box best and hate the PS2 though.

That's exactly what I love best about it, because it's my opinion in gaming! I still like to see PS2 games though, but I like people slating them too. Heh heh.
Sat 07/12/02 at 00:03
Regular
"699 days!"
Might give it a try, can never get enough games stuff after all!
Sat 07/12/02 at 00:02
"+ suspicious minds"
I am nintendo-only freak. at least till a few Mario-style games come out for X-box

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.