GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games™"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/12/02 at 19:21
Regular
I picked up the first issue today, it’s a new ‘intellectual’ video games magazine along the lines of Edge.

Now, I would recommend it to anybody on these forums, because it is exactly the kind of mag which would go with the forums - lots of humour, a laid-back attitude yet lots of clever and imaginative stuff. The reviews take Edge’s policy of 5/10 being average, not 7, except the magazine style isn’t as strict and inhumane as Edge. Best of all though, it’s well written, funny, reasonably priced and long - this first issue is nigh on 200 pages long.

I really hope this magazine doesn’t flop, and I know if you buy it you’ll like it, and find it better than anything else you read. Except perhaps Edge.

So go on - treat yourself - it’s multiformat, it’s detailed, and it’s intelligent. What more could you want?
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:21
Regular
"¬_¬"
I picked up the first issue today, it’s a new ‘intellectual’ video games magazine along the lines of Edge.

Now, I would recommend it to anybody on these forums, because it is exactly the kind of mag which would go with the forums - lots of humour, a laid-back attitude yet lots of clever and imaginative stuff. The reviews take Edge’s policy of 5/10 being average, not 7, except the magazine style isn’t as strict and inhumane as Edge. Best of all though, it’s well written, funny, reasonably priced and long - this first issue is nigh on 200 pages long.

I really hope this magazine doesn’t flop, and I know if you buy it you’ll like it, and find it better than anything else you read. Except perhaps Edge.

So go on - treat yourself - it’s multiformat, it’s detailed, and it’s intelligent. What more could you want?
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:26
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Do you win all the prizes in this mag?
I'm gonna tell the folk at PSM2 that you read other mags...

Might have a look, how much was it?
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:27
"slightlyshortertagl"
where from?
I'm interested.
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:30
Regular
"¬_¬"
I bought it for £4 in Game. Although I'm sure normal newsagents like WHSmith will have it too.
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:33
"slightlyshortertagl"
a bit expaensive for a first issue.. I knoe EDGE retails ar £4 but they have a reputation.... Gamer(tm) (or whatever) don;t.... who publishes it?
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:36
Regular
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:38
"slightlyshortertagl"
DW wrote:
> ™

Thanks for that.
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:39
Regular
"¬_¬"
HalloHowArtThou wrote:
> a bit expaensive for a first issue.. I knoe EDGE retails ar £4
> but they have a reputation.... Gamer(tm) (or whatever) don;t.... who
> publishes it?

Not too expensive, most mags are around that mark, and the magazine is a lot bigger in terms of no. of pages than other magazines. It's worth it. Just buy it and see if you like it, I know you will :).
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:40
"slightlyshortertagl"
*looks down back of sofa for change*
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:41
Regular
HalloHowArtThou wrote:
> DW wrote:
> ™
>
> Thanks for that.

Hold ALT and press 0153.

Alternitavly, open Character Map. START > PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > CHARACTER MAP

That was for anyone who didn't know what or how to get Character Map.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.