GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA VICE CITY or GETAWAY which is better?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City'.
Fri 06/12/02 at 21:07
Regular
What do u think is better grand theft auto vice city
or the getaway......
Mon 09/12/02 at 11:52
Out now?

Sony's release date cofusion gets worse...
Sun 08/12/02 at 22:47
The Getaway is out right now! i rented it yesterday from my local blockbuster and have been playing non stop, it is def better than vice city
Sun 08/12/02 at 21:15
Regular
Kastro wrote:
i mean you get 2 missions on the demo to play which
> takes about 15 minutes to complete and the whole game has 25 missions
> in it.

I dont actually think they were two missions even though it said it on OPS2 demo, i think the missions start from where the demo finished
Sun 08/12/02 at 20:05
Regular
"Mole Hole"
I would have to go for GTA Vice City
Sun 08/12/02 at 19:32
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Though I haven't played the full game yet, I'd probably say the Getaway. Realism means a much more challenging game, and I love challenging games, something that makes you think before you act rewards you more than a game, which just give you a quick adrenalin boost.
Sun 08/12/02 at 19:28
Regular
"'what goes here?'"
i reckon vice city is better than the getaway as the getaway is too realitic and the controls are wierd (square for shoot-what!)vice city is fun and the missions are probably better
Sun 08/12/02 at 19:08
Regular
"PS2 4 eva"
Getaway is the best. The missions are way better, the graphics are better, the city's better, the style's better! What more do ya want?
Sun 08/12/02 at 15:52
Regular
Kastro wrote:
> Until i found out you can get health back by leaning against a wall i
> found it very hard. In fact thats a challenge to all of you, complete
> the demo without having to lean against a wall to regain health. The
> furthest i got was to the top of the stairs.

I completed it. :D.
Sun 08/12/02 at 15:38
Regular
"I dont like tagline"
sam 41 wrote:
> The screenshots I have seen of the Getaway are very good, the demo is
> meant to be excellent, but I have read some people complaining about
> the Getaway. And to be honest I was not too impressed with Vice City,
> GTA3 was a new experience, but Vice City seemed to be taking advantage
> of the huge fanbase, ie. It was nothing 'new', and did not have enough
> work to make it exceptional. So I would say that the Getaway will be
> better, if you are like me and am disappointed with Vice City.
>
> Sam41

I have not played Vice City yet but i have heard its very similar to GTA3 except for a few minor changes this may mean i get the Getaway first. The only thing a think may be a problem with the Getaway is how long it lasts i mean you get 2 missions on the demo to play which takes about 15 minutes to complete and the whole game has 25 missions in it.

The producers have already started making an add on pack as well which may mean they think they will have people complaining about the length of the game and they can release this to keep them quite.
Sun 08/12/02 at 15:28
The screenshots I have seen of the Getaway are very good, the demo is meant to be excellent, but I have read some people complaining about the Getaway. And to be honest I was not too impressed with Vice City, GTA3 was a new experience, but Vice City seemed to be taking advantage of the huge fanbase, ie. It was nothing 'new', and did not have enough work to make it exceptional. So I would say that the Getaway will be better, if you are like me and am disappointed with Vice City.

Sam41

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.