GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Windows Xp-Not stable"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/12/02 at 23:03
Regular
Ive had windows xp for about 5month, at first it was fast,but now its just so so slow,and everythin has an error, so i installed me,had no problems ever since
Sun 08/12/02 at 11:22
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
er-no wrote:
> Sorry, I am on a Anti-Microsoft evening.

I noticed :-)

*says this just as a window pops up from Windows update saying a security pack has been downloaded, installed, and now my PC needs to restart*

Damn.
Sun 08/12/02 at 21:07
i got my XP Pro edition for about £180 off from the shop price ;)
Sun 08/12/02 at 22:38
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Click the 'is this copy of windows legal?' button.

Ah, go on.

Please?

You know you want to.

Just to see what it says.

Go on.
Sun 08/12/02 at 22:57
Regular
"everyone says it"
Tóm wrote:
> Click the 'is this copy of windows legal?' button.
>
> Ah, go on.
>
> Please?
>

What a bloody joke that is.

Because as if any person who didn't buy it legit would click.

ROFL! Microsoft's new way of catching illegal copies is asking and saying please... :-D
Mon 09/12/02 at 01:38
Regular
"How Handy."
Well, their last tactic was writing "Please do not copy this software" on the CDs, so I see this as a large step forward..
Mon 09/12/02 at 10:52
Regular
"Tag as above"
ftozzi wrote:
> Ive had windows xp for about 5month, at first it was fast,but now its
> just so so slow,and everythin has an error, so i installed me,had no
> problems ever since

The clue to your problems is in the text....

"at first it was fast,but now its just so so slow,and everythin has an error"

You thibk it did that all on its own?
Mon 09/12/02 at 17:39
Regular
"ProGolfer"
WHy didnt you uninstall it and then reinstall it?
Mon 09/12/02 at 23:12
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
...Which makes me think:

Why has this forum still got windows tagged on the end of it? I know it's Microsoft, but most people in the web forum would know a lot more than people here about windows.

Everyone knows if you want a PC question answered, you ask it in the web forum. Right?
Mon 09/12/02 at 23:26
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
thats what I do
Mon 16/12/02 at 18:55
I personally prefer Windows 2000 over Windows XP. Windows 2000 offers all the same security features and backwards compatibility features as Windows XP Professional but without the "bloat" - Windows 2000 doesn't include features like the linking accounts with .NET Passports, the tight integration of Windows Messenger and irritating things like Windows Product Activation, which forces you to call Microsoft if you ever change more than a couple of pieces of hardware or if you reinstall Windows. Windows 2000 also doesn't have the childish default blue and green rounded-windows interface of XP and the new Start Menu which dominates the desktop,

Windows 2000 is just as stable as Windows XP, if not more stable, and much quicker (because there are fewer unnecessary system services started by default which hog memory).

-Hodgo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.