GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Windows Xp-Not stable"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/12/02 at 23:03
Regular
Ive had windows xp for about 5month, at first it was fast,but now its just so so slow,and everythin has an error, so i installed me,had no problems ever since
Fri 06/12/02 at 23:03
Regular
"http://fabio2003.tk"
Ive had windows xp for about 5month, at first it was fast,but now its just so so slow,and everythin has an error, so i installed me,had no problems ever since
Sat 07/12/02 at 00:17
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Haha. You installed Windows ME. That proves exactly how stupid you are.
Sat 07/12/02 at 04:18
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
How is changing his OS from XP to ME stupid if ME works better for him?
Sat 07/12/02 at 08:46
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Because ME is the biggest pile of crap Microsoft have ever made.

If he's going to downgrade, he might as well go for Win 98. At least people make drivers for it.
Sat 07/12/02 at 15:38
"High polygon count"
I had very little trouble with ME, but it was largely a stop-gap product, I felt.

I love XP. I've never known a PC so stable since I installed it. There were a lot of complaints from people with older hardware, or so I heard. But personally, in the many months since I upgraded to XP, I've had just one crash - and I'm fairly certain that was caused by an old piece of software I had installed.
Sat 07/12/02 at 16:26
Regular
"How Handy."
ME is a pile of crap, I've had XP running for weeks, literally, without crashing.
Sat 07/12/02 at 17:07
No offence or nuttin but ME does suck, XP is a lot better and i have had it for a while now and nothing has gon wrong with it. Maybe you got a screwed up version or u downloaded a virus or something that made it screw up!
Sat 07/12/02 at 17:37
XP is well good, it's so stable, it's your dodgy comp and the stupid person using it that's no good :)
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:11
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
XP is indeed a brilliant operating system. Mine has only crashed once, and I'm sure that was because of rubbish software. So far, I've also had very few of those annoying 'Windows needs to restart' messages.

Excellent.

I also managed to get the full install retail version for £100 cheaper than PC World.
Sun 08/12/02 at 00:33
Regular
"everyone says it"
Tóm wrote:
> XP is indeed a brilliant operating system. Mine has only crashed once,
> and I'm sure that was because of rubbish software. So far, I've also
> had very few of those annoying 'Windows needs to restart' messages.
>
> Excellent.
>
> I also managed to get the full install retail version for £100
> cheaper than PC World.

I have also found it stable. However isn't this what MacOS 8 or even 7 was? Stable. Microsoft haven't done much in XP except copied what MacOSX had already created, and even then you need 90mb so far of downloads to apparently make it more secure... even though most of these addons are just to monitor what software etc you register and use.

Sorry, I am on a Anti-Microsoft evening.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.