GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yo bum boys, opinions please....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game '007 James Bond Nightfire'.
Sat 07/12/02 at 13:18
Regular
Honest opinions on Nightfire and Medal of Honor.

Only if you've played them and not just for 5 minutes in the shop. Oh and Gerrid I don't wanna hear about Nightfire from you bucko.

What's the multiplayer like?

Does it last long?

Does it like to eat dong?

Etc etc etc

Thanking you if ya helped me, shutup if you didn't.
Sat 07/12/02 at 23:37
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I've hired Medal of Honour out today. First level is good.

Very Saving Private Ryan indeed, some of the landscapes look as if they designed the game on that film (If they did then erm, that's why). Quite a nice game, enjoying it so far, quite annoyingly though it's got a ever so slightly dodgy aiming problem, when you tap left to aim at an enemy it goes to a specific point and may pass the enemy so you tap back right and it goes back to where you started which is not aiming at the enemy so you have to be reeeeeeeaaalllly gentle with it when you're at a distance. Or you can do what I do and just run at the enemy and fire away.

Oh and don't do it on easy becuase you'll fly through it, granted I'm only on level 3 or 4 but I'm flying through.

Good game if you ask me. So far anyway.
Sat 07/12/02 at 22:02
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Medal Of Honour = Great if you REALLY like WW2 stuff, however if you don't have an urge to play Saving Private Ryan the game then avoid it. Enemies are not randomly placed so after a while you know exactly what will happen and when, and where to shoot. Levels are quite well designed, but mostly there is one route though a level and a pretty obvious one at that, amny pre scripted scenes, like the opening D Day scene, cannot be changed, i.e all your allies will always die at a particular point no matter how well you try to save them. AS many a review has said, the PS2 version was good for the time, but with advances like Halo and up and coming Metroid, it looks old and tired, and there are better things to spend the cash on at the moment. However, if you do really really like films like Savinf Private Ryan, Enemy at the gates e.t.c as in you've watched htem more than two or three times, and are interested in WW2 and stuff, then you'll see past the faults and probably have a good time.

Nightfire = Much better than Agent Under Fire for starters. Gameplay isn't massively different but then again it is an FPS isn't it. If you liked AUF then get this, no question. Don't expect a goldeneye, it isn't. But it is well presented, great for fans of the character, and enjoyable to play, not finished it yet but I'm dubous about replay value, apart from unlocking the stuff.

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 07/12/02 at 22:02
I resent being called a bum boy.
Sat 07/12/02 at 21:57
Regular
"the burning sky"
What about Diehard? *everyone stares* *i walk away staring at floor*
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:46
Regular
I have'nt actually played the GC version of MOH Frontline.

Many magazines rate it very low, as it has poor PS2 graphics/framerate (just been a straight port)
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:03
I found Medal of Honour...Pointless, no atmosphere, bad control and easy missions.

But hey, its only an opinion. (:)
Sat 07/12/02 at 15:07
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Whitestripes wrote:
> I thought they were the same, they just renamed the console version.

Aliied Assault is much, much, mcuh better. And with the new add on, it is much much much much much better.
Sat 07/12/02 at 15:05
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Nightfire = rubbish
MOH Frontline = Rubbish if you've got/played the PC version
I would probably recommend Nightfire. Just make sure you play it on Operative first, otherwise you will hate it.
Sat 07/12/02 at 14:59
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I rember playing the demo of frontline on the PS2, it was alright but one thing bothered me. While on Allied Assault you had to blow up tanks with bazookas, on Frontline you could blow them up with machine guns. A bit stupid really.
Sat 07/12/02 at 14:07
Regular
I've rented both of them and can safely say that Nightfire is better.
I'll go with what the Glorious Teng said about Frontline, even though it does have a multiplayer, which is ****.

Nightfire though, it's fun to play, even if it is short. You'll come back for the harder settings, and the cool intro music. I think the multiplayer has had a lot more thought put into it than in AUF, with tons of guns, characters, scenarios and a nice handful of maps and controlable mini-copters and tanks.

Go for Nightfire people, not spammed Allied Assualt ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.