GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm looking forward to..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/03/13 at 11:40
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Skulking about on the net I find quite a lot of people stating that they are not really that excited about games being released. Prompted me to make a list of mine, which mostly end up being unknown or little known indie projects or crowd funded pieces.

Thought I'd slap them on here as I know a few share similar interests.

Drooling about...

Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues - Multi-player (not MMO) RPG from the creator of Ultima series
Project Eternity - D&D Classic Style RPG from Obsidian
Age of Wonders 3 - Not saying anything...so excited

Excited about...

Pandora: First Contact - TBS (Avatar TBS basically)
Legend Of Grimrock 2 - Just first images at the moment
At the Gates - Jon Shafer/Indie
Company of Heroes 2 - Main site appears down

Some others I'm keeping an eye on...

Plants vs. Zombies 2
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD
Civ 5: Brave New World
Banished
Wildstar
Planescape Torment/Numenera
Mon 15/04/13 at 16:15
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
A good couple of years coming up for Bethesda over all..

Should be seeing signs of Doom 4, Fallout 4, Rage 2 (apparently!) and of course the afore-mentioned Prey 2.

All of which should keep me very happy!

And of course the DLC for Bioshock Infinite!
Fri 12/04/13 at 22:30
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Prey was a classic, I loved it ... but as I can't afford any sequels it'll have to join the list 'whenever I can'
Fri 12/04/13 at 19:41
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Prey 2..

Just looked at some screenshots of this, and it looks good. I rather liked the original one though.
Thu 04/04/13 at 14:06
Regular
Smedders wrote:
I was looking forward to Sim City 5 but after all the server problems I've given it a miss for now.

The game itself looks to be top notch however so when they get the servers working correctly I think I'll buy it.

Not to mention the AI pathfinding issues.

I was disappointed when I found that Dragon Quest X was an MMO, as I liked Dragon Quest VIII on the PS2. Many articles state that the game hasn't sold well on the Wii U in Japan, but they don't know the digital sales and it is likely that most people have bought the game digitally on the Wii rather than on the Wii U.
Wed 03/04/13 at 18:23
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I was looking forward to Sim City 5 but after all the server problems I've given it a miss for now.

The game itself looks to be top notch however so when they get the servers working correctly I think I'll buy it.
Thu 28/03/13 at 18:54
Regular
"Monochromatic"
chasfh wrote:
Rome 2...

Why? It's Total War and it's got Romans. What else needs to be said?

I want it but theres no way in hell it'll run on my desktop.
Thu 28/03/13 at 17:43
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Rome 2...

Why? It's Total War and it's got Romans. What else needs to be said?
Thu 28/03/13 at 17:13
Regular
"I like turtles"
As already discussed around these parts I'm going for the Painkiller remake, GRID 2 might be worth a look when it's cheap enough and I'm interested Namco's Tekken X Streetfighter when that finally turns up. Other than that there's a bunch of games I've missed (Far Cry 3, Dead Space 3, Hitman...) which seem well cheap now, will probably pick stuff like that up first.
Thu 28/03/13 at 16:56
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I know about the revamp. But the general opinion was cagey, but generally positive when it was first released if i can remember.

I'm just done having my heart broken by them :D
Thu 28/03/13 at 16:01
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Warhunt wrote:
@Nin

Went off MGS after 2 for some reason. No idea why.

2 got worse the longer it went on. Its a shame you stopped there because 3 was the best of the lot.

FF14... My god how I want to be positive. But no, unfortunately I'll avoid it like the plague.

Theyve completely rebuilt it & the general opinion is pretty positive.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.