GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A matter of perspective"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/01/13 at 13:37
"possibly impossible"
There are many things we do each day which we don't even think about, but which might look strange to someone who isn't used to our culture.

Making a cup of tea, for instance, is really sticking a bunch of dead leaves in hot water. It's only a very slightly refined version of something we've been doing for thousands of years.

We can be skewed by our own perspective; eating a cow but not a horse. Finding ways to make money and yet baulking at those who may do it on a larger scale through the use of tax schemes in other countries. Even standing up to pee.

Think about your life and the things you take for granted, then try to see it through alien eyes, what would you consider strange?
Tue 29/01/13 at 19:36
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Certainly an interesting topic but as Nin says one that tends to get forgotten straight away and that 'money' is the big one! Or should we call it 'tokens' as that is all that it is ... something exchanged for something else, except it has been given an unimaginable high value status.
Around here, we tend to 'swop' tasks ... i.e. I know someone who will fix my roof, he knows that I will sort out his PC problems ... job done, roof fixed, PC fixed ... no tokens exchange hands :¬)
Considering that the majority, if not all of the world's population, do share at least one common function, then it's for an alien to figure it out and not for us to 'give them pointers in the right direction' :¬)
Tue 29/01/13 at 19:22
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Interesting topic, I tend to think of these things all the time & quickly forget them.
Money is the big one for me though & the way it has become warped. It has no real value in itself, its merely a system of credit but I believe it has been prized above its purpose, probably through fear & insecurity. Ive long since stopped looking at things in terms of their monetary value & more in terms of the time & effort it would require to pay for them. For example, is a £2000 car worth the 300+ hours (not even considering tax) to pay for it? I think Id rather have the free time instead.
Tue 29/01/13 at 13:37
"possibly impossible"
There are many things we do each day which we don't even think about, but which might look strange to someone who isn't used to our culture.

Making a cup of tea, for instance, is really sticking a bunch of dead leaves in hot water. It's only a very slightly refined version of something we've been doing for thousands of years.

We can be skewed by our own perspective; eating a cow but not a horse. Finding ways to make money and yet baulking at those who may do it on a larger scale through the use of tax schemes in other countries. Even standing up to pee.

Think about your life and the things you take for granted, then try to see it through alien eyes, what would you consider strange?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.