GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ADSL2+ upgrade"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/12/12 at 11:05
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Morning all,

Just received notification from Freeola regarding upgrading to ADSL2+. My exchange now supports this. We live about 500 yards, in a straight line, from the exchange. I know that this distance makes a difference, but there are other factors such as line noise, which I believe increases with ADSL2+.

Question....Is there any need to take advantage of this upgrade?
Tue 04/12/12 at 11:22
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
You line goes via the Cab (cab 12 I think), so FTTC wouldn't have been a problem. All the lines on your cab are FTTC capable, 2.92% uplifted (moved to a different cab).
Your regrade to ADSL2+ is still pending.
Tue 04/12/12 at 17:59
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks for that Eccles, just seen your post, have been out with granddaughter for most of the day. Still pending?
Tue 04/12/12 at 21:29
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Maybe try a router reboot now and if that doesn't do the trick let me know and I can get it looked into tomorrow.
Tue 04/12/12 at 22:06
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
Maybe try a router reboot now and if that doesn't do the trick let me know and I can get it looked into tomorrow.

Will do and thanks again.

EDIT:
Reboot @ 22.10 and now at 22.31 no difference. Switched router on to ADSL2+ setting from Auto to check and wouldn't connect! So back on to Auto at the moment.
Wed 05/12/12 at 09:27
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Morning Eccles

Connection seems to be still as normal ie not ADSL2+ as yet. Router stats are as follows, if that helps:

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 7680 Kbps 992 Kbps
Line Attenuation 10.3 dB 4.5 dB
Noise Margin 14.5 dB 12.0 dB
Wed 05/12/12 at 10:28
"Are you sure?"
That upstream speed shows you aren't on ADSL anymore.
Guessing there's a cap in place somewhere?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 05/12/12 at 10:34
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
[i]That upstream speed shows you aren't on ADSL anymore.
Guessing there's a cap in place somewhere?

Morning Hmmm

And can this 'cap' be removed?
Wed 05/12/12 at 11:18
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hi DL.

My apologies, something 'weird' has gone on with this order and BT. It shows as complete but using ADSL. So I've put it through again and will keep an eye on it. Due for completion tomorrow but as you upstream seem to be uncapped it might be something we have to chase with BT if all is not well be tomorrow evening.
Wed 05/12/12 at 12:16
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks for the info Eccles ... just my luck! I'll see what happens tomorrow.
Wed 05/12/12 at 18:01
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
My apologies, something 'weird' has gone on with this order and BT. It shows as complete but using ADSL.

Just for future reference, what's 'weird' about my upgrade order? It's a simple switch over, isn't it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.