GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ADSL2+ upgrade"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/12/12 at 11:05
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Morning all,

Just received notification from Freeola regarding upgrading to ADSL2+. My exchange now supports this. We live about 500 yards, in a straight line, from the exchange. I know that this distance makes a difference, but there are other factors such as line noise, which I believe increases with ADSL2+.

Question....Is there any need to take advantage of this upgrade?
Wed 24/04/13 at 23:28
Regular
jus found t his thread while looking for a answer to a problem i have and got side tracked ...

would LOVE some info/prices on an upgrade to my line to fiber !
im pretty sure i have it here (as been offered it by BT)

if it as to done out of public eye ... thats fine with me !
Thu 06/12/12 at 09:57
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
No problem, Eccles. Just appreciate the time that you have spent to get it sorted. Many thanks

DL
Thu 06/12/12 at 09:50
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Yep. all seems correct from this end. 15.37Mbps bRAS profile, which might go up a little but not too far off the predicted speed. Sorry for the delay in getting this sorted.
Thu 06/12/12 at 09:32
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Morning Eccles ...

Just taken these router stats:

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 16164 Kbps 888 Kbps
Line Attenuation 9.4 dB 3.8 dB
Noise Margin 14.6 dB 14.5 dB

Do I assume that ADSL2+ is now in operation and that all things are correct for the connection?
Thu 06/12/12 at 07:39
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Nice one Eccles, thanks for that explanation, I appreciate it.
Wed 05/12/12 at 22:42
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
It was just the lack of BT info but the apparent change in upstream speed. Normally regrading the 'access technology' is a simple process but it involves more than one system and they have to talk to each other and sometimes they don't get along or one ignores the other!
All it really entails is an order going from the ISP's systems to BT's and then BT's systems issuing a command to the exchange DSLAM to change from ADSL to ADSL2+, software based so no human interaction is normally required.
Wed 05/12/12 at 18:01
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
My apologies, something 'weird' has gone on with this order and BT. It shows as complete but using ADSL.

Just for future reference, what's 'weird' about my upgrade order? It's a simple switch over, isn't it?
Wed 05/12/12 at 12:16
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks for the info Eccles ... just my luck! I'll see what happens tomorrow.
Wed 05/12/12 at 11:18
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hi DL.

My apologies, something 'weird' has gone on with this order and BT. It shows as complete but using ADSL. So I've put it through again and will keep an eye on it. Due for completion tomorrow but as you upstream seem to be uncapped it might be something we have to chase with BT if all is not well be tomorrow evening.
Wed 05/12/12 at 10:34
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
[i]That upstream speed shows you aren't on ADSL anymore.
Guessing there's a cap in place somewhere?

Morning Hmmm

And can this 'cap' be removed?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.