GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sega Soccer Slam"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/02/02 at 18:22
Regular
I just got the new issue of NGC, and there's some new, bizzare footy game previewed called 'Sega Soccer Slam'.
Have you ever heard of it?? Nope, me neither!
It looks kinda 'mad' though, with females, wrestlers, and other non-footy players on the pitch!

Apparently you can do different comobo's of stuff on other playes, so it's not an exact footy sim like ISS or Pro Evo.
But it still looks quite interesting, and is probably still better than FIFA!

I think that this could be the one Sega game I get for the GameCube, if I don't get any others.

Get the mag and see it for yourself!!
Mon 25/02/02 at 09:35
Regular
"not dead"
I reckon it'll be a great multiplayer title, ut not sure if it would have the same appeal in single player mode, given it's arcade style nature.

It's nice to see something different though.
Sun 24/02/02 at 11:53
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
but this game is no rules, pumped up psycho footie! And I think that looks hilarious, and a great multiplay game!
Sun 24/02/02 at 11:27
Regular
I think it looks pants, personally. Call me a football purist but I think it just looks like ISS or FIFA with about a hundred cheats on
Sun 24/02/02 at 11:11
Fifa was great in its Megadrive days. When it went 3D it got very poor. But the 2001 and 2002 versions are very very good and MUCH better than wc98. ISS is also good but Fifa isnt the pile of cack it once was these days.
Sun 24/02/02 at 11:08
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I too played FIFA '98, and I felt it was a terrible footy game, which was also far too easy! I remember scoring a free-kick from my own half with Gary Pallister once!!
FIFA 64 is the only football game it beats!

I stuck with ISS 64, and then went onto the '98 and 2000 versions. And i'm also sticking with ISS, Pro Evo. and SSSlam on the GameCube.

I haven'y sold FIFA '98: RTWC YET, so i'll probably go and trade it in for money off some overpriced game somewhere.
Sun 24/02/02 at 01:44
thats cool.

I suppose it's all down to preference ain't it.

ROCK ON GAMECUBE
Sun 24/02/02 at 01:18
Regular
Back on the mega drive fifa was my footy sim of choice. Then i discovered sensible soccer (never understood how something so good could have such a pants name : ) ), then iss. Still, that's not to say i don't enjoy a bit of fifa when the chance is there, just not as much as some others.
Sun 24/02/02 at 01:05
Regular
Thats all cool that you like FIFA. But after playing on the Pro Evolution series on the playstation I could never go back to playing FIFA games...
Sun 24/02/02 at 00:51
why are some of you slagging off FIFA?

I agree there are not many changes from one version to the next, but it is still a great multiplayer game.

I played FIFA RTWC on the N64 for hours on end with mates and they all loved it too.

Thats why I've already ordered FIFA WC2002 on the NGC!

Come on cut it some slack...but I must admit, sega soccer slam looks like a great game.

SINFIELD
Sun 24/02/02 at 00:42
yep spot on mate. This game is gonna be just like that. One of the special moves involves a spotlight that moves around the pitch, if you take a shot inside the spotlight the game turns to a matrix style revolving camera as you hit an extra powered shot. You can buy power ups during a season wiht money earned from won games. Sadly these power ups will probably not be in the multiplayer game but then the multiplayer game wont need them in order to be fun :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.