GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola *new* profile page and Knowledge Base articles"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/10/12 at 18:07
"Are you sure?"
I was just looking around the new User Profile layout and looked at some of my previous Knowledge Base articles and found that someone had asked me a question back in January 2012 for my September 2011 article! :¬O

As most of you know I'm always happy to respond to questions and help where I can - is there anyway users can be notified if people ask questions to KB articles?

Also the images for the links to my website and Twitter account seem to be scrambled: See the first image?

I also see this script error:

Line: 76
Char: 5
Code: 0
URI: https://secure.freeola.com/js/jquery- [space!!!] truncate/jquery.truncate.js

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 26/10/12 at 12:37
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
That should be fixed now too Thanks. Can't drop IE8 yet, too many people using it!
Thu 25/10/12 at 18:08
"Are you sure?"
FYI
If any visitor clicks a profile link for PS, XBOX, Wii etc. on IE8 they see this

You guys might have to do a 'Google' and just say IE8 is no longer supported :¬P

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 22/10/12 at 16:39
"Are you sure?"
Usability testing is me :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 22/10/12 at 16:25
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
The images should be ok too now.
Mon 22/10/12 at 15:57
"Are you sure?"
Hi Eccles,
That's fixed the script error with IE8.

I still see the scrambled images once I've followed either the Web or Twitter links - they get replaced with the 'trophy' image as shown in my earlier image link.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 22/10/12 at 14:50
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Should be ok now. Thanks once again.
Mon 22/10/12 at 10:16
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Haven't replicated it yet Hmmm! But thanks for bring this to our attention, can rely on you!
Sun 21/10/12 at 17:41
"Are you sure?"
My pleasure!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 21/10/12 at 17:37
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
The problem will be that someone left console.log in the Javascript whilst debugging and this will work in all modern browsers that contain a debugger. It won't work in anything older than IE9 (running IE9 in IE8 or 7 mode won't throw an error as the debugger is still there). I'll try and remember to get the person who did something with this last week to take a look tomorrow.
Sun 21/10/12 at 12:43
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Just can't seem to replicate it.

I've set up my machine to use IE8 mode in compatibility, and use IE8 standards. This seems to produce fine results, as the images don't mess up.

When I set it to IE8, with IE7 standards it does jump around and go a bit mad, but nothing major.

I'll try and test on a pure IE8 in XP and see what we get.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.