GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""PS3 will be crap""

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/07/06 at 19:47
"possibly impossible"
PS3 will be crap and won't sell because:

it will have Blu-ray - and we all know that blu-ray is crap because of the extensive testing everyone has done on it and because it doesn't have any large backers.

it will have 6 processors - and that's bound to be too hard to program for, just ask Sony's games division who aren't making any games for it.

it will come in 2 format - and everyone knows any console that comes in 2 formats never sold, such as the NES with accessories, Megadrive with built in games or the 360.

It will have odd shaped controllers - which will put people off, because odd shaped controllers never work, just look at the Atari Joystick, the N64 pad or the Xbox controller...

and most importantly, it will cost too much - because nobody ever bought a console that cost more than other cosoles at the time just because of the brand name...
Mon 31/07/06 at 11:23
Regular
"lets go back"
You've said that Blu-Ray doesnt have any large backers, then in a later post listed nearly every electronics manufacturer in the world except for Toshiba. I think the whole point of sony including a blu-ray drive is to help it take off. Millions of people will have a blu-ray player in their homes if they buy a PS3.

The controller is just the same as the old one but without a wire and I love that design, as do many people.

Ive heard the argument of a console being too hard to develop for several times now with the release of each generation of technology. Games still manage to get released though, so I assume the developers are better than we think.

The two formats thing is rubbish, but last I heard they are only releasing the top end version in the UK so thats not an problem for us.

The price is far too much. You could buy a 360 and a Wii (or a Wii and loads of games) instead. I think the price will put off a lot of people at first, but there is bound to be shortage of consoles anyway so only the die hard fans will be able to get one at launch. The price will inevitably drop. Especially if it isnt selling too well. Then, if there are any decent games out, it will sell quite well. Maybe.
Mon 31/07/06 at 11:29
Regular
I aggre with you it will be I meen what is the point of having all that crap in it when you have to pay £200+ and £50 for games
Mon 31/07/06 at 11:40
"possibly impossible"
Perhaps Rhetoric doesn't work on these forums...

{yes, ok, I knew there would be some people who didn't get it}
Mon 31/07/06 at 21:37
Regular
"Mooching around"
I'm getting bored of all these topics.

All we ever do on them, is say how PS3 is too expensive without anything innovative.

We go on to say how the 360 is the definate option at the present time.

And finally go on to prove how the Wii will win this console war.

Yay.
Tue 01/08/06 at 10:49
Regular
When people say about the PS3 being expensive are we still talking about under £300?

That's fine with me, the 360 is costing that much and if it means I can watch HD DVDs then I won't mind :)

It is a little worrying that some comapnies dont want to make games for the PS3 but I'm sure they might change their mind if PS3 comes out on top.

I'm not going to drop Sony because of a few internet articles after enjoying the PS2 and PS1 for many many years.
Tue 01/08/06 at 12:35
Regular
"Mooching around"
My only argument against getting a 360 is that once you've bought it, it's not a complete thing.

What I mean is, you have to go out and buy a whole lot of other stuff to get to that full-on next-generation console you wanted.

For example:

- The rechargeable battery for the controller
- The HD-DVD drive
- The wireless network adaptor (Though I'm not sure about that one)

For some, this is a plus, it means you don't have to cough up another £100 or so for things you may not want. But me, I prefer my gadgets.
Tue 01/08/06 at 12:42
Regular
I dunno I kinda like the idea. I mean we upgrade computers to play better/new games. I always said they should do the same for consoles so then people don't have to pay so much money with each generation. Although I don't know if they intend to do that with the 360.

Consoles are becoming more and more like PCs, soon they'll be the same thing.
Tue 01/08/06 at 12:48
Regular
"Mooching around"
Isn't good old Ken demanding that the PS3 be classified as a computer already lol.
Tue 01/08/06 at 12:56
Regular
I can't remember, if it gets classed as a computer does that make it excempt from certain import taxs when shipped to Europe? :/
Tue 01/08/06 at 12:58
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Cruciatum Fixative wrote:
> My only argument against getting a 360 is that once you've bought
> it, it's not a complete thing.
>
> What I mean is, you have to go out and buy a whole lot of other
> stuff to get to that full-on next-generation console you
> wanted.
>
> For example:
>
> - The rechargeable battery for the controller
> - The HD-DVD drive
> - The wireless network adaptor (Though I'm not sure about that
> one)
>
> For some, this is a plus, it means you don't have to cough up
> another £100 or so for things you may not want. But me, I
> prefer my gadgets.

I'm glad they've done it this way. My 360 was expensive enough when I got it, I wouldn't have wanted to have paid any more for things I neither want or need.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.