GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""PS3 will be crap""

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/07/06 at 19:47
"possibly impossible"
PS3 will be crap and won't sell because:

it will have Blu-ray - and we all know that blu-ray is crap because of the extensive testing everyone has done on it and because it doesn't have any large backers.

it will have 6 processors - and that's bound to be too hard to program for, just ask Sony's games division who aren't making any games for it.

it will come in 2 format - and everyone knows any console that comes in 2 formats never sold, such as the NES with accessories, Megadrive with built in games or the 360.

It will have odd shaped controllers - which will put people off, because odd shaped controllers never work, just look at the Atari Joystick, the N64 pad or the Xbox controller...

and most importantly, it will cost too much - because nobody ever bought a console that cost more than other cosoles at the time just because of the brand name...
Sun 30/07/06 at 19:47
"possibly impossible"
PS3 will be crap and won't sell because:

it will have Blu-ray - and we all know that blu-ray is crap because of the extensive testing everyone has done on it and because it doesn't have any large backers.

it will have 6 processors - and that's bound to be too hard to program for, just ask Sony's games division who aren't making any games for it.

it will come in 2 format - and everyone knows any console that comes in 2 formats never sold, such as the NES with accessories, Megadrive with built in games or the 360.

It will have odd shaped controllers - which will put people off, because odd shaped controllers never work, just look at the Atari Joystick, the N64 pad or the Xbox controller...

and most importantly, it will cost too much - because nobody ever bought a console that cost more than other cosoles at the time just because of the brand name...
Sun 30/07/06 at 21:30
Regular
"Mooching around"
So where was this taken from?
Sun 30/07/06 at 22:46
"possibly impossible"
What?
Sun 30/07/06 at 22:48
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
What's blue ray?

I'm just curious. I don't know anything about consoles anymore.
Sun 30/07/06 at 22:52
Regular
How can Sony mess things up so badly, I mean they were the market leaders werent they? What happened? Did they get too ambitious with their PS3 and their blue-ray? I just don't understand :(
Sun 30/07/06 at 22:58
"possibly impossible"
Blu-ray is a new format to potentially replace DVD. It has the backing of Apple, Dell, Hitachi, HP, JVC, LG, Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Pioneer, Philips, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, TDK and Thomson among others (over 170 in total).

Basically, it allows for the playback and recording of High Definition video with 5x or more storage (25gb single layer) or 50gb (double layer) than a standard DVD and reads using a blue laser, rather than the usual red one.

The rival to this is HD DVD, which uses the same technology, but slightly different disc design to give 15gb (single layer), 30gb (double layer) or a triple layered disc with 45gb of storage. It can also be applied to standard DVDs to bring them up to 18gb.
Sun 30/07/06 at 23:01
Regular
No prize for which one Microsoft is backing.
Sun 30/07/06 at 23:04
"possibly impossible"
Realistically, the format war for the sequel to DVD could go either way (or not take off at all, in a laser-disc style), with most major film studios backing both formats; Universal is the only one only backing the HD DVD and not Blu-ray. But with heavy hitters on both sides you can't tell.

Unlike consoles, there doesn't seem to be room for more than one format in the home cinema world...
Sun 30/07/06 at 23:35
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Is the original post a sarcastic way of telling us that we've condemned Sony too early? Or do you just think it's going to be crap?

It's difficult to tell.
Mon 31/07/06 at 00:25
"possibly impossible"
It shouldn't be...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.