GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""PS3 will be crap""

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/07/06 at 19:47
"possibly impossible"
PS3 will be crap and won't sell because:

it will have Blu-ray - and we all know that blu-ray is crap because of the extensive testing everyone has done on it and because it doesn't have any large backers.

it will have 6 processors - and that's bound to be too hard to program for, just ask Sony's games division who aren't making any games for it.

it will come in 2 format - and everyone knows any console that comes in 2 formats never sold, such as the NES with accessories, Megadrive with built in games or the 360.

It will have odd shaped controllers - which will put people off, because odd shaped controllers never work, just look at the Atari Joystick, the N64 pad or the Xbox controller...

and most importantly, it will cost too much - because nobody ever bought a console that cost more than other cosoles at the time just because of the brand name...
Wed 02/08/06 at 22:11
Regular
"Mooching around"
If you can be bothered to, read the guides on this forum about them.
Wed 02/08/06 at 08:24
"possibly impossible"
All three will have more reliance on the internet. The 360 is already only a complete experience if you have Live, which is why they've included the free service for accessing Marketplace and downloading demos, you only pay for the full service if you want to play games online.

The PS3 should, and probably will, follow suit, hopefully with a far better system than on the PS2.

And the Wii has already been confirmed to have wireless as standard built in, plus will download retro games via the Virtual Console, plus much more even while the console is off.

Since broadband is spilling out to homes around the country, with 49.2% of homes with a broadband connection and growing every day, it makes sense that this is being done.

Obviously, both PS3 and 360 have improved graphics and the chips can throw all sorts of tricks around that couldn't have been done before, so more realistic physics and explosions take place. And the Wii? Well, we all know why that will be different!
Tue 01/08/06 at 20:34
Regular
oh that sounds good then :)

But apart from wireless controls are these new consoles going to do anything else?
Tue 01/08/06 at 20:25
Regular
"Mooching around"
With the PS3 the battery life is supposed to be 18 hours. So after you finish playing, you can just cable them up and they charge while you sleep.

Or as an alternative, just keep them continually wired! :-D
Tue 01/08/06 at 20:14
Regular
I don't like it, I mean sure wireless is great but I had this problem when they did wireless megadrive control pads. It's more hassle knowing you have to change batteries and so on. That hassle doesnt exist with cabled controllers. So I hope they offer both wireless and cabled. I'll be saving money, electricity and the environment by using a cable to play games :)

pb's situation is the only real reason to adopt a wireless pad if you ask me. Oh and maybe if you get a new kitten, the love wires heh.
Tue 01/08/06 at 20:01
Regular
"Mooching around"
The 360 controller comes with 2(?) AA batteries, and you can buy a rechargeable pack for around £17. The pack does make the controller slightly more bulky.

The PS3 comes with the recharable battery inside of it. The down side is of course a battery curse similar to the ipod.

The Wii probably comes with AAA batteries. But who knows?
Tue 01/08/06 at 16:30
"possibly impossible"
I think all 3 consoles will use a similar method, giving you a choice of batteries or rechargable pack. As for using them, they're really good for me, as children and wires don't mix.
Tue 01/08/06 at 13:37
Regular
Well I did, the fact that you put the thread title in quotation marks was enough for me.

These wireless controls, how are we charing them? are we going to have to go out and buy AA batteries or something because I ain't doing that. Perhaps some charging dock or something. I wouldnt mind that, but then I dont have much problem with the wires. Infact they come in handy whenever you lose your control pad. Without them it's like losing the TV remoute :)

Does anyone have a wireless mouse or keyboard? Have you been in a situation where the batteries went dead when you didn't want them to? Would be annoying while playing a game.
Tue 01/08/06 at 13:29
"possibly impossible"
And th PS3 will be the same, it will come with the things you need, not necessarily the things you want as well. Will be interesting to check the battery life of the bluetooth controller against the wireless 360 controllers.

Oh, and for those that still don't get it, the original post was meant to be a rhetorical rant against the people who make up silly excuses for why the PS3 will fail. It is supposed to mean the exact opposite of what it says.

But you knew that, didn't you?
Tue 01/08/06 at 13:04
Regular
"Mooching around"
Machie wrote:
> I can't remember, if it gets classed as a computer does that make
> it excempt from certain import taxs when shipped to Europe? :/

Yep, he claims that the "console" will be expandable, and will come in configurations just to push it a bit.

Plus, it's supposed to have some form of Linux running on it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.