GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox LIVE not responding?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/12/02 at 13:12
Regular
I'm trying to make a new account on LIVE and I get to the billing region bit...

Then it says 'XBox LIVE is not responding. Please try later' Is this hapeneing to anyone else?
Thu 19/12/02 at 15:13
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
I am sure they are on to the problem though.
Wed 18/12/02 at 16:43
yeash sorry i meant windows 98SE, i changed to ME and xbox live is working a treat. Microsoft know that there is a problem with Live,ICS and win 98SE but they dont know how to fix it..I had spoken to Xbox live staff in the uk and us, also spoke to Windows technical services. Got out get an upgrade of windows if you have win98 second edition the problem will be solved..
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:40
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
I am mad as NFL Fever cannot be played online yet. To a reason I have yet to find out.
Tue 17/12/02 at 17:47
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Your Olympic Hero wrote:
> Ohhhh.
> You said "above" SE so I thought you meant ME, 2000 and XP
> only.
> My bad.

Yeah I suppose what I wrote could be interpreted as that.
Tue 17/12/02 at 17:26
Ohhhh.
You said "above" SE so I thought you meant ME, 2000 and XP only.
My bad.
Tue 17/12/02 at 16:16
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Your Olympic Hero wrote:
> BlueUK wrote:
> Win98 doesnt have ICS so it wont work.
>
> Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs - Windows Setup - Internet Tools -
> Internet Connection Sharing.

Only Wind98SE has this the 1st edition of Windows 98 did NOT have ICS. If you have the 2nd Edition of Windows 98 then you can do ICS.
Tue 17/12/02 at 15:57
> BlueUK wrote:
> Win98 doesnt have ICS so it wont work.

Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs - Windows Setup - Internet Tools - Internet Connection Sharing.
Tue 17/12/02 at 15:04
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
I know what you mean Adrian its pretty scary the amount of port scans you get aint it. I use a program so I can see were the ip's are from some are far away countries
Tue 17/12/02 at 13:36
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
BlueUK wrote:
If your running Win 98 go out and buy ME it will solve the problem..

Win98 doesnt have ICS so it wont work. Anything above Win98SE(Second Edition) works.
Tue 17/12/02 at 13:29
I had the same problems some weeks ago. I was running ICS, crossover cable and Win 98 but i was getting the not responding message on the billing section. I called MS but they could not help..but i decided to purchase Windows ME (from gameplay.co.uk only 29.99) now xbox live is working perfectly...If your running Win 98 go out and buy ME it will solve the problem..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.