GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox LIVE not responding?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/12/02 at 13:12
Regular
I'm trying to make a new account on LIVE and I get to the billing region bit...

Then it says 'XBox LIVE is not responding. Please try later' Is this hapeneing to anyone else?
Sun 08/12/02 at 13:12
"slightlyshortertagl"
I'm trying to make a new account on LIVE and I get to the billing region bit...

Then it says 'XBox LIVE is not responding. Please try later' Is this hapeneing to anyone else?
Sun 08/12/02 at 13:23
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
No, Xbox Live is working at this time. How is your Xbox set up to the Live service?
Sun 08/12/02 at 13:24
"slightlyshortertagl"
ICS through a Cross-Over....

I've just spent 1/2 hour on the phone to work the thing then this... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Sun 08/12/02 at 13:34
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
That’s how mine is setup and should work fine.
Just a few things, is it defiantly a crossover cable? Do you have any kind of firewall? Did you enable ICS sharing on the right connection? What OS do you use?
Sun 08/12/02 at 13:57
"slightlyshortertagl"
all the answers are a yes.. last answer is XP
Sun 08/12/02 at 14:01
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
Disable your firewall and it should be fine.
Sun 08/12/02 at 14:06
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
viperfire wrote:
> Disable your firewall and it should be fine.

Or configure it. If you set the Win XP firewall(same place as setting the ICS) then I would turn that off. As the Win XP firewall seems to be very harsh on everything. If you have a standalone firewall try and configure that a little. I have Norton Firewall 2002 and didnt need to do anything to it for XBox Live to work. Maybe try XBox Live later, there may be a problem for you and others but not for everyone.
Sun 08/12/02 at 14:34
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I have Norton Firewall 2002 and have to disable it when I use Xbox live. I have put a hole in the firewall to allow the Xbox through but it still will not have it. When I said disable the firewall I did not mean permanently, just disable it and see if it works.
Sun 08/12/02 at 14:52
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
viperfire wrote:
> I have Norton Firewall 2002 and have to disable it when I use Xbox
> live.

Its weird that I dont. How have yoy set up your firewall? Do you have it set as block everything until you allow it?

I would never ever run the internet with out a firewall now, even if its to play XBox Live. My firewall picks up attacks when i've been on XBox Live so I am glad I dont have to disable it. Until you get a firewall you dont relise how many ports scans e.t.c are done to your IP address.
Sun 08/12/02 at 15:38
Regular
LOL

'Xbox Live is not responding, please try again later'

Sounds very much like something that would happen on Windows.

Hillarious

What's next?

'syntax error press alt, delete to restart your Xbox'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.