GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Christmas is Cancelled!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/12/02 at 14:45
Regular
Note to All Children -

I deeply regret having to do this, but it is for your own benefit, and so you are not left in tears on Christmas morning and start kicking your parents and threating to burn down your house. Let's start from the beginning...

It was just an ordinary day at our workshop - elves were working for minimum wage, Mrs Claus was running her strip bar and I was tucking into my mountain of mice pies, all freshly prepared by the french chef who we are keeping hostage. All of a sudden, an elf came running into the office and started screaming 'SIR! AN...' Then I knocked him out of the way, as he was blocking my arm from the mince pies. Once he'd stopped his head from bleeding, he finished 'An elf has playing with one of the presents!'

I was shocked. An elf had never recovered from being thrown against my table, but more so because an elf had the cheek to play with toys. Last time this had happened the barbie got so stained we had to send for a replacement doll and the elf was put in rehab for 6 months.

Once I got out of the door all I could see was thousands of elves crowded around one television set. My ears were drowning in a sea of 'Get Him!' 'Ha! You're out!' and 'Don't you EVER touch me there again!'. I ran to see what they were all doing. It took me an hour of reach the other side of the room, but 15 metres is a long way to run when you're my weight.

I forced the mass of midgets aside to uncover the 4 team leaders frantically pressing buttons on purple control pads which seemed to be controling some people on the screen. I threw the smallest elf off of his seat and grabbed his control pad and began to play - it seemed that we had to direct our character to trace a line. It was hard. Very hard, especially with my stubby fingers. The others seemed to be doing perfectly, so I swang my pad around, lasso style, which knocked them out, leaving me to win

It took them a while to wake up, even with first aid help, so I got another few elves to play with me. We continued around a board and my character - a dog like green dinosaur got a mushroom, which I used to crush the others.

We went on to play for hours and work gradually came to a holt as more and more elves we brought in to fill the spaces left by those who's beat me at mini games. I eventually got better and started to win more and more - either that or the elves were suffering from concussion.

Now the factory hasn't made a toy for a child in months, and we've employed some more elves just to get more games for our 'Gamecube'. Mario Party 4 is still our favourite, and we whip it out whenever we find ourselves bored with any of our others - Super Monkey Ball, ISS 2 and Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4. The especially employed elves are currently working on getting an American cube with Monkey Ball 2. They came so close when they ram raided a Toys 'r' Us in New York, but we lost half of the platoon when an X - Box fell on them, instantly crushing them all.

Fortunately we also have an X - Box, which we are getting a lot of usage out of, as it makes an excellent stand for our Gamecube.

I've just got a Wavebird, which makes it easier for me, as I can play from my office, thus saving my energy of having to move from sleeping in my chair into the main foyer, as well as being near my vast amount of Mince Pies.

Anyway, to get back ont the subject, Christmas this year is cancelled. Every other year we have worked our socks off to ensure you whinging brats get your presents on time, so we at least deserve one year off to enjoy ourselves.

Actually, looking at next years release schedule, lets make it 2 years off.

Santa (Copyright 2002)
Sun 08/12/02 at 14:45
Regular
"Festivus!"
Note to All Children -

I deeply regret having to do this, but it is for your own benefit, and so you are not left in tears on Christmas morning and start kicking your parents and threating to burn down your house. Let's start from the beginning...

It was just an ordinary day at our workshop - elves were working for minimum wage, Mrs Claus was running her strip bar and I was tucking into my mountain of mice pies, all freshly prepared by the french chef who we are keeping hostage. All of a sudden, an elf came running into the office and started screaming 'SIR! AN...' Then I knocked him out of the way, as he was blocking my arm from the mince pies. Once he'd stopped his head from bleeding, he finished 'An elf has playing with one of the presents!'

I was shocked. An elf had never recovered from being thrown against my table, but more so because an elf had the cheek to play with toys. Last time this had happened the barbie got so stained we had to send for a replacement doll and the elf was put in rehab for 6 months.

Once I got out of the door all I could see was thousands of elves crowded around one television set. My ears were drowning in a sea of 'Get Him!' 'Ha! You're out!' and 'Don't you EVER touch me there again!'. I ran to see what they were all doing. It took me an hour of reach the other side of the room, but 15 metres is a long way to run when you're my weight.

I forced the mass of midgets aside to uncover the 4 team leaders frantically pressing buttons on purple control pads which seemed to be controling some people on the screen. I threw the smallest elf off of his seat and grabbed his control pad and began to play - it seemed that we had to direct our character to trace a line. It was hard. Very hard, especially with my stubby fingers. The others seemed to be doing perfectly, so I swang my pad around, lasso style, which knocked them out, leaving me to win

It took them a while to wake up, even with first aid help, so I got another few elves to play with me. We continued around a board and my character - a dog like green dinosaur got a mushroom, which I used to crush the others.

We went on to play for hours and work gradually came to a holt as more and more elves we brought in to fill the spaces left by those who's beat me at mini games. I eventually got better and started to win more and more - either that or the elves were suffering from concussion.

Now the factory hasn't made a toy for a child in months, and we've employed some more elves just to get more games for our 'Gamecube'. Mario Party 4 is still our favourite, and we whip it out whenever we find ourselves bored with any of our others - Super Monkey Ball, ISS 2 and Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4. The especially employed elves are currently working on getting an American cube with Monkey Ball 2. They came so close when they ram raided a Toys 'r' Us in New York, but we lost half of the platoon when an X - Box fell on them, instantly crushing them all.

Fortunately we also have an X - Box, which we are getting a lot of usage out of, as it makes an excellent stand for our Gamecube.

I've just got a Wavebird, which makes it easier for me, as I can play from my office, thus saving my energy of having to move from sleeping in my chair into the main foyer, as well as being near my vast amount of Mince Pies.

Anyway, to get back ont the subject, Christmas this year is cancelled. Every other year we have worked our socks off to ensure you whinging brats get your presents on time, so we at least deserve one year off to enjoy ourselves.

Actually, looking at next years release schedule, lets make it 2 years off.

Santa (Copyright 2002)
Sun 08/12/02 at 14:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I see.
Carry on.
Sun 08/12/02 at 14:48
Regular
"Festivus!"
Yes, the carry on films ARE annoying, but who cares?
Sun 08/12/02 at 15:26
Regular
"Festivus!"
I'm sorry I had to pop this, and so early on...

POP!
Sun 08/12/02 at 18:46
Regular
"Festivus!"
I'm popping this for the final time...
Sun 08/12/02 at 22:37
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
Oooh Matron!
Sun 08/12/02 at 22:59
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Carrots.
Sun 08/12/02 at 23:01
"+ suspicious minds"
Indeed.
Mon 09/12/02 at 15:27
Regular
"Festivus!"
Carrots, a carry on film and something else which I forgot - thaks for te replies on topic

I'm wearing no top :)
Mon 09/12/02 at 16:43
Regular
"bit of a brain"
full frontal nudity, eh Tribute. Are you trying to impress someone (some kind of pointy, sharp, christmassy plant, I think)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.