GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Realistic Zelda "not Pratical""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/02/02 at 23:20
Regular
Shigsy revealed Today in Paris that he has been paying attention to the anti-zelda vibe on the net but to change the look is "not pratical". He claimed that it is better to make what Link does, his actions more realistic rather than the graphics...

He claimed the realistic look wouldn't be pratical if someone wants to link with the GBA...

Is this a hint here? Is a Zelda game heading to the GBA??? Will Zelda GC use the connectivity to the GBA???

lets leave that to you...
Sat 23/02/02 at 02:59
Regular
Nsh, but they aren't that hard to find get a SNES and NES and buy them off of ebay it will be well worth it.
Fri 22/02/02 at 18:57
Regular
"keep your receipt"
I must confess, I was a SEGA devotee before my N64, and so unfortunately I missed the first NES and SNES Zelda Games, before links awakening. I want them! Does anybody know where I can get them for a PC emulator?
Fri 22/02/02 at 09:22
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
There are a lot of people moaning about how the new cel-shaded Zelda is a step down from what it could be graphically. But since we havent played it shouldnt we wait a while before we judge? The graphics may be "different", but the actual game may still be superb
Fri 22/02/02 at 02:47
Regular
er-no wrote:

Don't leave it to me! I don't wanna make a Zelda game alone. :(

Dont worry I'll help ya :)

*ortega looks at the huge pile of work and runs away screaming*
Fri 22/02/02 at 02:40
Regular
"everyone says it"
Dringo wrote:
Is this a hint here? Is a
> Zelda game heading to the GBA??? Will Zelda GC use the connectivity to the
> GBA???

lets leave that to you...

Don't leave it to me! I don't wanna make a Zelda game alone. :(
Fri 22/02/02 at 00:26
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Yeah! It was that one! That was a classic!
Thu 21/02/02 at 23:56
Regular
slave2games wrote:
> If there is one Zelda game I want to see on the GBA, It's Zelda: Links
> awakaning. Granted, it was already on the Snes, but that was a brllant gae, and
> I would have no hesitation in buying it

It was on the Game Boy actually :)

I take it you were thinking of A Link To The Past? That was a quality game!
Thu 21/02/02 at 23:51
Regular
Don't you mean a Link to the Past...

And Edgy Majora's Mask was awsome... yes it was similar, but that is bad because...

it had some original bits as well, the 3 day loop allowed for more interaction and the masks opened and entire new area up... it was brilliant.

The save system was utterly Naff though, they should of used Ocarina of Time's one...
Thu 21/02/02 at 23:51
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
I...well, I've never liked Zelda in the first place *hides*. Never had a chance to get in to either of the 64 titles, but I refuse to like them, on the grounds that they're evil Ninty games. Should be interesting to see if they can pull it off Cel shaded, I could see it causing problems though.

*Runs off waving a PC flag*
Thu 21/02/02 at 23:50
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Majora's Mask was class.

Nice and different to go round collecting masks and seeing different reaactions from people etc etc.

I also liked the time system however I disliked the save system.

Ah well.

Majora's Mask was similar with some of the characters agreed but I would say it was different enough from OOT to be thorougly enjoyable.

Just thought I would argue with you there :0)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.