GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Slightly drunken post about parents evening"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/02/02 at 20:31
Regular
My school had it's parents evening tonight.

Lucky me. I had the wonderful opportunity of being able to sit staring at teachers.

First appointment, Science. A bloke with a skinhead, who claims to be a teacher. As usual, the school mistimed appointments grossly, meaning I have to stand outside waiting for 15 minutes while the skinhead talks to the parents of a nerd student. I wonder how he managed to spend 15 minutes saying how great the girl was. Surely you can't stretch the words 'She is a good student' for 15 minutes, can you?

Skinhead pops his head out of the door, and tells me we can come in. My heart nearly explodes with jubilation. We walk over to his desk, and sit down.

"So, what do you feel about the situation in Science?" skinhead says to my mum. She isn't even aware that there is much of a situation.

Skinhead then rambles on about just how much I am underachieving. Underachieving? Excuse me, but surely I should be the one decided just how much I want to achieve? It would have been more accurate if he had said ‘You are not achieving as highly as we want you to. We are on performance related pay you know’.

He talks, and I refute everything he says. He says that I’m holding back everyone in the class due to my constant calling out. Fair enough, I guess, when you think about it.

He would actually have earned some respect in my eyes, if he hadn’t then gone and realized that he sounded like he hated me. He does hate me, but that isn’t the kind of impression he wants to give to my mum. And so, he then starts talking about how my constant interruptions are affecting my friendship with other people in the class. I crack up, right there in front of his eyes, and say ‘I don’t really think it’s any of your business how my friendships with others in the class are’.

‘Well yes Ross (Me), it is my business as a teacher to ensure my class is happy. Last time you called out, no one understood your joke’.

‘Sir, you don’t seem to understand that I am perfectly happy. Everyone else in the class is happy, and if they’re not then it isn’t anything to do with me. If they don’t like me, then that’s their problem’.

I would have said more, but I was cut off by another teacher, Mr. Old Dastard who frequently tells our class that he hates kids. I won’t even go into this guys talking at me.

Anyway, all this made me think. What the hell am I doing in these teachers lessons? I don’t want to be there, they don’t want me to be there, and according to them the rest of the class don’t want me there. So why the hell am I in lessons with these guys for 4 or 5 hours a week?

I’d learn more if I sat in a room, on my own, with a book to learn from.

Frikkin education system. Frikkin society. Frikkin life.
Thu 21/02/02 at 20:31
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
My school had it's parents evening tonight.

Lucky me. I had the wonderful opportunity of being able to sit staring at teachers.

First appointment, Science. A bloke with a skinhead, who claims to be a teacher. As usual, the school mistimed appointments grossly, meaning I have to stand outside waiting for 15 minutes while the skinhead talks to the parents of a nerd student. I wonder how he managed to spend 15 minutes saying how great the girl was. Surely you can't stretch the words 'She is a good student' for 15 minutes, can you?

Skinhead pops his head out of the door, and tells me we can come in. My heart nearly explodes with jubilation. We walk over to his desk, and sit down.

"So, what do you feel about the situation in Science?" skinhead says to my mum. She isn't even aware that there is much of a situation.

Skinhead then rambles on about just how much I am underachieving. Underachieving? Excuse me, but surely I should be the one decided just how much I want to achieve? It would have been more accurate if he had said ‘You are not achieving as highly as we want you to. We are on performance related pay you know’.

He talks, and I refute everything he says. He says that I’m holding back everyone in the class due to my constant calling out. Fair enough, I guess, when you think about it.

He would actually have earned some respect in my eyes, if he hadn’t then gone and realized that he sounded like he hated me. He does hate me, but that isn’t the kind of impression he wants to give to my mum. And so, he then starts talking about how my constant interruptions are affecting my friendship with other people in the class. I crack up, right there in front of his eyes, and say ‘I don’t really think it’s any of your business how my friendships with others in the class are’.

‘Well yes Ross (Me), it is my business as a teacher to ensure my class is happy. Last time you called out, no one understood your joke’.

‘Sir, you don’t seem to understand that I am perfectly happy. Everyone else in the class is happy, and if they’re not then it isn’t anything to do with me. If they don’t like me, then that’s their problem’.

I would have said more, but I was cut off by another teacher, Mr. Old Dastard who frequently tells our class that he hates kids. I won’t even go into this guys talking at me.

Anyway, all this made me think. What the hell am I doing in these teachers lessons? I don’t want to be there, they don’t want me to be there, and according to them the rest of the class don’t want me there. So why the hell am I in lessons with these guys for 4 or 5 hours a week?

I’d learn more if I sat in a room, on my own, with a book to learn from.

Frikkin education system. Frikkin society. Frikkin life.
Thu 21/02/02 at 20:41
Regular
"Underachieving? Excuse me, but surely I should be the one decided just how much I want to achieve?"

Excellent.
My history teacher hates me,and so does my RE teacher because I apparently have a cheeky answer for every thing.I'm in trouble because the history teacher is going to tell my dad and he's the head of science in my school.
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Well quite frankly if the book i had to read while sitting on my own in a room was a science book i think id learn more if i just didnt read it at all.
Come on,
I meen, who doesnt learn from watching paint dry huh???
Or just simply who doesnt learn form just staring at a blank wall???
To be more precise id rather sit in a room on my own with just a pencil than having to be put through the agony of listening to people telling you about Science.

My parents dont even go to the parents evening.
Most of the appointments in my school last no more than 5 mins so i dont see the point really.
Thu 21/02/02 at 20:46
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I hate my French teacher. Apart from being completely evil, she sent me out of class for this. Note i have glasses and sit at back of class

Mrs Tait : Stop whinging about the OHP being far away, ur not all blind!

Me : Well u try and read it from here then

Mrs Tait : Out..NOW!

I really hate her. And to make it worse, she thinks she funny

And my English teacher. She weird. She smiles when she gives you a row. Like its pleasurable. Like shes in power. Scary.
Thu 21/02/02 at 20:50
Regular
"You've upset me"
Heheh, I "overachieve comparative to his age" apparently, but apparently "his attitude leaves a lot to be desired". Simply because I have a reply to everything they say to me. Heheh, I even managed to get my R.E teacher to quesiton his faith :-D

"Do you belive in the theory of evolution"
"Yes"
"Do you believe in God?"
"Yes"
"How can you? The Bible says that God created man, but Darwin says that we evolved from primordial, amoebal slime. How can you agree with both?"
"I... Well... that's a good point..."
"Do you therefore belive that God is a single celled primodial peice of slime?"
"Of course not!"
"Then you can't believe that evolution is in fact real"
"Well...Errr... I suppose..."
"So, will you be going to heaven then?"

It carried on like this till the end of the lesson :-D

Then last year I managed to get the Geography treacher (he's really nice) to abandon the lesson and I led the whole class in a debate about whether tim McVeighs execution was justified or not :-D

My teachers are happy with my achievment, but most of them hate me forout-witting them :-D
Thu 21/02/02 at 20:54
Regular
we have really good paper aeroplanes in our lessons now, i can make really good ones and we sit at the back and throw them around and write messages to who ever gets sent to the front.
really good
Thu 21/02/02 at 20:55
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I got another RME one

Our teacher said that nothing was permanent. Some religion believes nothing is permanent (i think it was Buddha (i am not Racist), take no offence from my lack of knowledge of religion). So grant came up with an idea...

Impermanence is permanent

Unfortunately she as a student, so she almost burst into tears and ran. Dr Campbell (proper RME teacher) told him to be quiet. We all quietly sniggered
Thu 21/02/02 at 21:01
Regular
in French we fly them well far and the ones i make glide for ages
Thu 21/02/02 at 21:14
"possibly impossible"
I just love ignorance. Of course you shouldn't have to learn anything, your learning comes from the streets, doesn't it. You don't need to know about writing style or get joy from a play, you don't need to have an appreciation of other people's religion, do you, of course not.

Yes, lovely.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.