GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My First Full Experience Of X-Box Live"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Moto GP'.
Tue 10/12/02 at 00:38
Regular
Well tonight has been one of the biggest laughs I've had in ages and its all due to a headset !

I've been playing X-Box Live for like a week now, but until tonight, I had to go through it without being able to experience everything 100%

I put on my headset and decided to start off with a little Moto GP. I had a couple of races while listening to people slate eachother, occasionally adding a little comment or 2 myself. It was fun, but this wasn't even a touch of what was to follow.
I decided to change over to Mech Assault after receiving an invite from a certain Mossmanfly. ;-)

Unfortunatly I was too late to join in so I decided to look at other games going on. I entered the room, threw caution and shyness to the wind and just acted as I always do around my friends.
Almost straight away a Canadian guy started talking to me and so did everyone else in the room.
We started the match and everyone was just having a great time playing the game while sharing banter and generally having a bloody funny convo as we played.
Suddenly knowone was really feeling like they HAD to win at all costs - we were all just having a great laugh, no geeky need for online domination at all.

Eventually I finally managed to get into a match with Adrian and with the help of the buddy list, my newly made Canadian friend was also tagging along. We had some awesome games going on - remember the elementals vs ragnarok game Adrian ? ;-))
It was just a superb experience and I was loving every minute of it ! After the last team game I did, I just sat back chatting with the Canadian guy for like 40 minutes or so with the end game screen in the background. Basically told him about my gf and stuff in general and then we ended up chatting about games and stuff. A long distance call for free. :-)

This all came from just being me and not holding back all worried if people will like me or not. With moments like this, I really can't imagine playing online without the headset now. Even the players that entered the games I was in with the sole purpose of just being the best ended up just kicking back and having a laugh. :-)
I was just having a laugh with my Canadian mate and Adrian and then from there, you had other people finding our comments funny and bringing themselves into the conversation and it was excellent. :-)

Like when the group of us finally took down this guy controlling a Ragnarok mech, I just started cheering and so did everyone else and it was funny to watch us all swarm this bloke trying to take him down. ;-))
The headset is the heartbeat of X-Box Live - its the part of it that shows you that not every online gamer is some spotty fat retard thats never seen a girls boobs without the aid of a Barbie doll.
I had a right bloody good laugh tonight and it was hard to pull myself away to goto bed for work tomorrow. I'll certainly be back on tomorrow and I'll be acting just as open then as I did tonight.
All it takes is for 1 or 2 people to think "sod it" and just have a laugh and its practically guaranteed that the rest will follow. :-)

Hope to see you all online soon. :-)
Wed 11/12/02 at 10:37
"slightlyshortertagl"
adrian wrote:
> Or do any of
> you know what ports XBox Live uses ?

• UDP 88
• UDP 3074
• TCP 3074

:-D
Wed 11/12/02 at 10:43
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Thanks HalloHowArtThou. Have you got a gamertag? If so I can add you to my friends list if your not already on there.
Wed 11/12/02 at 11:13
"slightlyshortertagl"
well.. I'm having a b*****-load of problems with XBox LIVE. As soon as I get a gamertag I'll put it in as my tagline :0)
Wed 11/12/02 at 14:04
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
Erm can we make it 9pm as I have to do school work till 9 ok??? I will post on here if there is any changes at around 7pm.
Wed 11/12/02 at 14:04
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
adrian wrote:
> Good games last night, apart from when Silent left me on my own
> against Savatt and GlideM :). Anyone up for some games tonight? Maybe
> around 8 pm Unreal CTF. I could host a game and then everyone join me,
> as last night was a bit hard to get going, as we didnt know who was
> hosting to start with. Once you get a game going then you can decide
> on the next match in game. Post here with any game ideas and times,
> plus who will host the very first match so we know who to join and
> which invites to accept.

And my mum was harping on and I left the game because I didn't want her to erupt with rage.
Wed 11/12/02 at 20:12
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Was a laugh last night. ;-) I'm guessing I'll be on tonight around 9:30 - 10pm. I'll keep an eye out for you all. :-)
Can't wait for the Mech Assault downloads next month. ;-)
Wed 11/12/02 at 20:24
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Sav wrote
>Can't wait for the Mech Assault downloads next month. ;-)

CTF and new levels, should be great. And thats exactly why i'm so jealous.
Oh well, my friend who picked up his Xbox on saturday says he's getting Broadband soon and so he'll be getting Xbox live, i'll be able to try it out round his house.
Wed 11/12/02 at 20:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I can see players liking the Raven mech - very fast little mech. Will probably be a lot like an Owens mech, but it looks a lot better. ;-)
Wed 11/12/02 at 21:08
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
I am sick of mad cats everyone goes as them. grrrrrr

VULTURE ALL THE WAY!
Wed 11/12/02 at 22:04
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I find that the Mad Cats can be taken down by using a fast mech and just keep circling them at close range whilst hitting them with rockets, if it's a team game then you need someone to stop anyone on the Mad Cat's team hitting you, the Mad Cat's PPC's are hard to use when someone is constantly running around the mech !

I prefer the Mad Dog at the moment, faster than the Mad Cat, quicker missiles :)

~~Belldandy~~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.