GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My First Full Experience Of X-Box Live"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Moto GP'.
Tue 10/12/02 at 00:38
Regular
Well tonight has been one of the biggest laughs I've had in ages and its all due to a headset !

I've been playing X-Box Live for like a week now, but until tonight, I had to go through it without being able to experience everything 100%

I put on my headset and decided to start off with a little Moto GP. I had a couple of races while listening to people slate eachother, occasionally adding a little comment or 2 myself. It was fun, but this wasn't even a touch of what was to follow.
I decided to change over to Mech Assault after receiving an invite from a certain Mossmanfly. ;-)

Unfortunatly I was too late to join in so I decided to look at other games going on. I entered the room, threw caution and shyness to the wind and just acted as I always do around my friends.
Almost straight away a Canadian guy started talking to me and so did everyone else in the room.
We started the match and everyone was just having a great time playing the game while sharing banter and generally having a bloody funny convo as we played.
Suddenly knowone was really feeling like they HAD to win at all costs - we were all just having a great laugh, no geeky need for online domination at all.

Eventually I finally managed to get into a match with Adrian and with the help of the buddy list, my newly made Canadian friend was also tagging along. We had some awesome games going on - remember the elementals vs ragnarok game Adrian ? ;-))
It was just a superb experience and I was loving every minute of it ! After the last team game I did, I just sat back chatting with the Canadian guy for like 40 minutes or so with the end game screen in the background. Basically told him about my gf and stuff in general and then we ended up chatting about games and stuff. A long distance call for free. :-)

This all came from just being me and not holding back all worried if people will like me or not. With moments like this, I really can't imagine playing online without the headset now. Even the players that entered the games I was in with the sole purpose of just being the best ended up just kicking back and having a laugh. :-)
I was just having a laugh with my Canadian mate and Adrian and then from there, you had other people finding our comments funny and bringing themselves into the conversation and it was excellent. :-)

Like when the group of us finally took down this guy controlling a Ragnarok mech, I just started cheering and so did everyone else and it was funny to watch us all swarm this bloke trying to take him down. ;-))
The headset is the heartbeat of X-Box Live - its the part of it that shows you that not every online gamer is some spotty fat retard thats never seen a girls boobs without the aid of a Barbie doll.
I had a right bloody good laugh tonight and it was hard to pull myself away to goto bed for work tomorrow. I'll certainly be back on tomorrow and I'll be acting just as open then as I did tonight.
All it takes is for 1 or 2 people to think "sod it" and just have a laugh and its practically guaranteed that the rest will follow. :-)

Hope to see you all online soon. :-)
Tue 17/12/02 at 20:45
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
well its al capone playing golf

obviously :P
Tue 17/12/02 at 20:15
Regular
"ProGolfer"
WHats OutLaw golf like?
Tue 17/12/02 at 20:09
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I might get on for a little while - trying to get everything earned in Outlaw Golf. ;-)

And thanks to doughnut. ;-)
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:41
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
I am I wont be speaking much I have the flu and I am pooing myself because I have a IT Specification on a project in EXCEL to do for college.
Tue 17/12/02 at 17:48
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
So anyone up for a game tonight. Maybe on about 9pm, havent been on since Saturday afternoon. Got to do a little Uni work tonight, as well as watch the new Buffy episode (7x10 Bring on the night) :).
Tue 17/12/02 at 14:39
"I hate that!!!"
Congrats on the GAD m8
Tue 17/12/02 at 14:38
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
And I have still yet to have a GAD ah well it was a good post anyways.
Mon 16/12/02 at 21:34
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ah. You just happy 'cos you got a GAD.

And me none for a while.

*Sobs*

:)
Mon 16/12/02 at 20:59
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Cyclone wrote:
> *This is being serious and nothing against Sav or anything*
>
> I could therefore write about my first GC playing of a game, and win a
> GAD, according to this.
>
> Still, well done.
>
> *no grudges! :)*

Yeah but this wasn't about playing a game as such, more of using a very hyped up service properly for the first time. :-)
Of course I played Mech Assault and Moto GP, but it was the other details like communicating with other players and using a new big step in videogaming that made me write the topic. :-)
Mon 16/12/02 at 20:56
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Thanks for the comments guys. ;-)
I was pretty suprised it won cause it was never a GAD attempt. Most of you know what I'm like, I just write posts in here pretty often which tend to be long. ;-))

After really enjoying my first night on there with the headset, I decided to write a topic about it all. :-)
Was a nice surprise to come home to. I actually found out I'd won because I wrote some reviews last week and I always do this stupid build up like that Charlie mong with his chocolate bar in that Willy Wonka film (i.e - open the the wrappers corners first slowly).
I check the first winners list to see if the dates have been updated to when I attempted a GAD, then I goto the reviews winner list to see if I've won. Ok thats bloody sad, but its my little muppet ritual. ;-))

So I was well happy when I scrolled down and saw my name on there. ;-))

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.