GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 for me."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/02/02 at 10:49
Regular
Well, you can keep your GC, and keep your X-box, i dont want them, PS2 is more than enough for me. Thats not because i think the other two are crap, because they are for from it, they are both top consoles that will do the job. Sony wont sweep the market as much as some make out, neither will they loose the market and fall behind like some say. All 3 will do well as they all have a good user base more than capable of sustaining a good life for them.

But for me, PS2 is all that i need. The one thing that first got me to pre-order it way back in september of 2000 was that i first loved the PS1. The games appealed to me with there, what i thought was a good range of sport, RPGs and shoot-em-ups. I loved playing all there games and the chance to play them on PS2, much improved and new features was too good for me. Yeah, thats right, i actually looked forward to playing the sequels that were going to come out, who wouldnt want to play Pro Evo over ISS Evo, or GTA 3. But dont get me wrong, i couldnt wait to play all the new stuff too, DMC sticks out to me as a top game. And thats whats keeping me with the PS2, i love the games that come out on them, there types of genre appeals to me more than any other, i know that GC and X-box will have ports of PS2 games on them, but will also get there games on PS2 at some stage.

So at the moment im sticking with Sony and there PS2. At some stage i will think about getting one of the other consoles, most probably GC being a half ninty inside. But owning a PS2, GBA and a PC, i already have enough gaming options at the minute.
Thu 21/02/02 at 10:49
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Well, you can keep your GC, and keep your X-box, i dont want them, PS2 is more than enough for me. Thats not because i think the other two are crap, because they are for from it, they are both top consoles that will do the job. Sony wont sweep the market as much as some make out, neither will they loose the market and fall behind like some say. All 3 will do well as they all have a good user base more than capable of sustaining a good life for them.

But for me, PS2 is all that i need. The one thing that first got me to pre-order it way back in september of 2000 was that i first loved the PS1. The games appealed to me with there, what i thought was a good range of sport, RPGs and shoot-em-ups. I loved playing all there games and the chance to play them on PS2, much improved and new features was too good for me. Yeah, thats right, i actually looked forward to playing the sequels that were going to come out, who wouldnt want to play Pro Evo over ISS Evo, or GTA 3. But dont get me wrong, i couldnt wait to play all the new stuff too, DMC sticks out to me as a top game. And thats whats keeping me with the PS2, i love the games that come out on them, there types of genre appeals to me more than any other, i know that GC and X-box will have ports of PS2 games on them, but will also get there games on PS2 at some stage.

So at the moment im sticking with Sony and there PS2. At some stage i will think about getting one of the other consoles, most probably GC being a half ninty inside. But owning a PS2, GBA and a PC, i already have enough gaming options at the minute.
Thu 21/02/02 at 11:57
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I know what you mean, I too have a PC, PS2 and GBA, the only thing that attracts me to the Gamecube is the price and Super Monkey Ball but they can both wait until Xmas.
Xbox is just too expensive at the moment.
Thu 21/02/02 at 12:16
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
The PS2 has some great games out and some great ones coming out - enough to keep me busy for many months to come.

The GC is coming out at a very good price but there are no GC specific titles yet that would make me want to rush out and buy it yet.

The X box is just too expensive for todays mainstream gaming market 300 quid + 30 quid for the DVD playback puts it 130.00 more than the current price of a PS2. Wait till 1st March and thats 6 top quality platinum games as well as your PS2 for the same price as just the X box and even SR are not selling any x box games for less than 40.00.

I cant see many people new to gaming going straight for the X Box but the GC will appeal to many as the price is in direct competition with PS2.

I for one will be waiting awhile before I even think about any other console - by then we might be hearing about PS3 !!
Thu 21/02/02 at 16:34
I have psone ps2 dreamcast pc and I am gonna get GBA but the one I might get after its realeased is the game cube because GC has some mighty fine FUN GAMES too where as I know people will probaly rip into me for the but I DONT LIKE MICROSOFT. the money they will get from the x-box will make 1 MAN! richer. sorry I will calm down

I love my ps2 for the moment anyways
Thu 21/02/02 at 16:38
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Silent85 wrote:
.... but I DONT LIKE
> MICROSOFT. the money they will get from the x-box will make 1 MAN! richer.

Completely correct

Did u know that if he put all his cash under his bed (assuming its a double) and he felt off his bed it would take him 18 and a half minuted to hit the ground!
Thu 21/02/02 at 16:45
Regular
nh wrote:
The X box is just too expensive for todays mainstream gaming
> market 300 quid + 30 quid for the DVD playback puts it 130.00 more than the
> current price of a PS2.

Ye exactly. The PS2 came out at £300 but still sold well, mainly due to the fact it had zero competition. X-box has a very strong compeition from the PS2 at launch, and then there is the half the price Gamecube out a month and a half later.

X-box has sold well in the USA becasue it is the exact same price as the PS2, which is weird to say the least. Microsoft are ripping off the British public by puting such a high price on the console.

Sony US price=$299
Microsoft US price= $299

Sony UK price=£199
Microsoft UK price =£299.

Notice any differences?
Thu 21/02/02 at 16:49
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Silent85 wrote:

I DONT LIKE
> MICROSOFT. the money they will get from the x-box will make 1 MAN! richer. sorry
> I will calm down

I love my ps2 for the moment anyways

Ah, so your telling me in the X-box turns out to have the best games ever on it and the best prices, you will not get it because you dont like Bill Gates?

I think not.
Thu 21/02/02 at 16:49
"High polygon count"
Or†ega wrote:
> Sony US price=$299
> Microsoft US price= $299

And bear in mind that even at that price, the PS2 outsold BOTH the Xbox and cheaper Gamecube combined in the Xmas run-up.
Thu 21/02/02 at 16:56
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
>the PS2 outsold BOTH the Xbox and cheaper
> Gamecube combined in the Xmas run-up.

Hmm, keep seeing this line quoted a lot at the moment, anxiety ? With Gamecube and Xbox both selling around 1.5-1.7 million units this means Sony had to sell around 3 million units....does anywhere actually quote sales figures on the net ?
Thu 21/02/02 at 16:59
Regular
Although there is a good reason for that.

Sony had loads of PS2 stock.

Nintendo/Microsoft sold all thier stock.

SO they had the potential to sell more, but anyone that was going for a Gamecube/X-box ending up getting a PS2 instead by default.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.