GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 for me."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/02/02 at 10:49
Regular
Well, you can keep your GC, and keep your X-box, i dont want them, PS2 is more than enough for me. Thats not because i think the other two are crap, because they are for from it, they are both top consoles that will do the job. Sony wont sweep the market as much as some make out, neither will they loose the market and fall behind like some say. All 3 will do well as they all have a good user base more than capable of sustaining a good life for them.

But for me, PS2 is all that i need. The one thing that first got me to pre-order it way back in september of 2000 was that i first loved the PS1. The games appealed to me with there, what i thought was a good range of sport, RPGs and shoot-em-ups. I loved playing all there games and the chance to play them on PS2, much improved and new features was too good for me. Yeah, thats right, i actually looked forward to playing the sequels that were going to come out, who wouldnt want to play Pro Evo over ISS Evo, or GTA 3. But dont get me wrong, i couldnt wait to play all the new stuff too, DMC sticks out to me as a top game. And thats whats keeping me with the PS2, i love the games that come out on them, there types of genre appeals to me more than any other, i know that GC and X-box will have ports of PS2 games on them, but will also get there games on PS2 at some stage.

So at the moment im sticking with Sony and there PS2. At some stage i will think about getting one of the other consoles, most probably GC being a half ninty inside. But owning a PS2, GBA and a PC, i already have enough gaming options at the minute.
Fri 22/02/02 at 18:31
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Yes PS2 is more than enough or me. And withj all the games coming out in the next year or so, I think I will not feel hungry for quality titles during that time. I still got a PSone and from time to time I still pplay PSone games and although you can easily see the difference in quality, the gameplay is still brilliant.

I dont really see PCs as super powerful machines for games. I personally didnt get my PC to play games on it. I got it so I could do my work and browse the net etc. I had it for almost for 2 years and I have only bought ONE full priced game which was MoH Allied Assault which arrived here last week.

I really prefer my PS2 to anything including PCs, Gamecube and X-Boxes.
Fri 22/02/02 at 07:55
Regular
"WWJD"
Same here the PS2 is more than enough to keep any gamer satisfyed, not that i have anough money to get another console but i don't think i would all i need is on my PS2. I had a PS1 but i didn't get my PS2 when i came out, i went of games for a bit i didn't play on my PS1 for a while don't know why so i bought the PS2 to get me back in.
Thu 21/02/02 at 23:53
Regular
Have a read of the latest Reuters Report as well.

http://www.cube-europe.com/fullnews.cgi?newsid1014289880,16381,
Thu 21/02/02 at 23:08
"High polygon count"
Belldandy wrote:
> Thats not really fair though is it ? The PS2 has had
> over a year to gain publicity.

It's more than fair in real terms. Both other machines had been available for the public to view, both had received their launch advertising, and both had the traditional 'launch frenzy' where everyone's clamouring for the new technology.

Yes, Sony had problems supplying machines at the US and UK launches, but there were two reasons for that: firstly, they had production problems at the new plant they constructed specifically to build PS2 chips, and secondly because they massively under-estimated the demand for the machine in Japan and therefore the supply of machines to other territories was restricted to ensure that they had enough to satisfy their own market.

Traditionally, people rush to buy the newer technology, but that still hasn't overly boosted sales of the new machines. True, the stocks of Xbox and Gamecube ran out - but then so did PS2, even though Sony had increased production - after Xmas you couldn't get a PS2 until almost the end of January.

This article is well worth a read:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/697375.asp
Thu 21/02/02 at 20:57
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Yes but dont forget the gaming market as a whole is a hell of lot bigger now than it was even 18 months ago
Thu 21/02/02 at 20:07
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
Nope - fact. I posted an article from
> http://www.omni-gamer.com about it in early January.

Thats not really fair though is it ? The PS2 has had over a year to gain publicity. Now when it comes to launch stats both the Gamecube and Xbox shipped way more than Sony's feeble 500 000 units on launch, and which ever way you look at it either Microsoft or Nintendo have beaten Sony for the best console launch.
Thu 21/02/02 at 17:52
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Or†ega wrote:

Although there is a good reason for that.

Sony had loads of PS2 stock.

Nintendo/Microsoft sold all thier stock.

SO they had the potential to sell more, but anyone that was going for a Gamecube/X-box ending up getting a PS2 instead by default.

Well, doesent show much for there loyalty to the consoles when a lot of them buy PS2's instead does it.
Thu 21/02/02 at 17:40
"High polygon count"
Belldandy wrote:
> anxiety ?

Nope - fact. I posted an article from http://www.omni-gamer.com about it in early January.
Thu 21/02/02 at 16:59
Regular
Although there is a good reason for that.

Sony had loads of PS2 stock.

Nintendo/Microsoft sold all thier stock.

SO they had the potential to sell more, but anyone that was going for a Gamecube/X-box ending up getting a PS2 instead by default.
Thu 21/02/02 at 16:56
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
>the PS2 outsold BOTH the Xbox and cheaper
> Gamecube combined in the Xmas run-up.

Hmm, keep seeing this line quoted a lot at the moment, anxiety ? With Gamecube and Xbox both selling around 1.5-1.7 million units this means Sony had to sell around 3 million units....does anywhere actually quote sales figures on the net ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.