GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Great news!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/12/02 at 13:28
Regular
I've finally entered the 20th century and bought a Dreamcast from ebay. It arrived yesterday and it really is a very nice console. The games I have are:

Virtua Tennis 2
Jet Set Radio
Bangai-o
Sonic Adventure
Chu Chu Rocket
and a 'back up' of Crazy Taxi 2 (don't blame me, the guy gave it to me as a bonus)

I'm bidding on a copy of Shenmue, but are there any other must-have titles that you Sega gurus can reccomend?
Wed 18/12/02 at 17:41
Regular
"relocated"
I've seen Samba De Amigo on its own quite often on ebay - it goes for about the same as Shenmue 2 usually. With maracas it's usually over £100. Lik-sang sell some third party maracas for $25 which is an alternative. I might just save up though.
Wed 18/12/02 at 17:34
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Samba De Amigo is very rare, but not the rarest DC disk around. I would have thought the rarest is What's Shenmue, or games only released in Japan.

Its a good party game, and I have only played it once. Its not THAT amazing!
Wed 18/12/02 at 15:25
unknown kernel wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions guys: I'll look into some of the others
> when my bank balance recovers. Next on the shopping list is House of
> the Dead 2 and a pair of light-guns, I think; or maybe Samba de Amigo
> and some (third-party) maracas.

You'll be extremely to get a copy of Samba De Amigo and/or maracas. They're probably the rarest Dreamcast game/peripheral to find, but good luck.
Tue 17/12/02 at 22:14
Regular
"relocated"
I'm absolutely loving Bangai-O, Virtua Tennis and Soul Calibur. Haven't played any of the others much yet, but I am very, very pleased with my Dreamcast. My favourite thing about is the arcade stick, which is by far the best controller I've ever had.
Sun 15/12/02 at 15:41
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Congratulations on swagging a copy of Bangai-O, one of the most absurdly playable games on any next-gen console. Also, copies of N64 Bangai-O are supposedly trading hands for up to £100 (I read this claim in Edge a while ago, no idea as to the validity of it, or how well it applies to the DC version, but hold on to it anyway :O)
Wed 11/12/02 at 12:37
Regular
"Long time no see!"
The 2 Shenmue titles and MSR are games you must get!
Tue 10/12/02 at 22:36
Regular
"relocated"
Thanks for the suggestions guys: I'll look into some of the others when my bank balance recovers. Next on the shopping list is House of the Dead 2 and a pair of light-guns, I think; or maybe Samba de Amigo and some (third-party) maracas.

And Expletive Deleted, don't worry, I haven't forgotten how I'm able to use my Switch card: after my little spree this afternoon I listed the office photocopier on ebay.
Tue 10/12/02 at 17:58
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
I meant Kernel. *walks of very embarassed*
Tue 10/12/02 at 17:56
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
unknown Kerrel........ Enjoy your White Box O' Fun!
Tue 10/12/02 at 14:08
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Lol.

But on the serious side, just remember how you're able to use your Switch card! :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.