GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Minority Reprot"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/12/02 at 16:49
Regular
Anyone get the Minority Report e-mail recently from Sony? Nice pics, looks good, though I probably won`t get the game. Very nicely presented e-mail, and what's even better is that they don`t mind if you steal the logo and name, Minority Report. They have a little copyright notice telling you that Minority Reprot is not to be taken and used by yourself, but it doesn't seem all that bothered about the real name. Strange no? :D
Tue 10/12/02 at 16:49
Regular
Anyone get the Minority Report e-mail recently from Sony? Nice pics, looks good, though I probably won`t get the game. Very nicely presented e-mail, and what's even better is that they don`t mind if you steal the logo and name, Minority Report. They have a little copyright notice telling you that Minority Reprot is not to be taken and used by yourself, but it doesn't seem all that bothered about the real name. Strange no? :D
Tue 10/12/02 at 17:06
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
I bet you so wish you could go back and edit your post :P

Not sure about this game, film is great, although most people realise that film to game conversions are usually pants.

Might (for the first time ever) go and hire this if I can find my passport to get membership at my local Blockbusters!
Tue 10/12/02 at 17:07
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Saw moving footage on PSW, it didn't look that impressive though the idea of using those cool weapons from the film is very appealing. I'll have to try before I buy with this one.
Tue 10/12/02 at 17:12
Regular
"Touched!"
IGN gave the game poor reviews, 5.3 i think, i'll be giving this a miss as well!
Tue 10/12/02 at 18:49
Regular
"Whatever!"
Looks nice but I wont be getting it
Tue 10/12/02 at 19:01
Regular
Jive wrote:
> I bet you so wish you could go back and edit your post :P

Erm, not really. I take it you are joking yeh?

The whole point of the topic was that in the copyright notice at the bottom of the e-mail, they had said that "Minority Reprot" was a protected name, suggesting that we could quite happily use Minority Report whenever we liked. Hence the subject title, Minority Rep"rot".
Tue 10/12/02 at 19:03
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I think that every film - game, Harry Potter etc. is crap! Apart from The Lord Of The Rings :TT.
Tue 10/12/02 at 19:29
Goldeneye was pretty good, I thought. I liked the multiplayerness.
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:26
Regular
"Max Power"
J-42 wrote:
> I think that every film - game, Harry Potter etc. is crap! Apart from
> The Lord Of The Rings :TT.

what so your sayimg that the games made from films are not worth it?
Tue 10/12/02 at 22:11
Regular
"360: swfcman"
†HÊ_MÅÐMÃÑ wrote:
> J-42 wrote:
> I think that every film - game, Harry Potter etc. is crap! Apart
> from
> The Lord Of The Rings :TT.
>
> what so your sayimg that the games made from films are not worth it?

Well....yeah.

Hes right too. More often than not games made from a film license are often crap. The developers see that they have a popular title on there hands and one thats going to sell no matter how good/bad the game is. Hence we get games like Harry Potter and Star Wars games that are well below par.

There are some good ones. Just not many.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.