GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bloody hell!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/12/02 at 18:30
Regular
From C&VG.com:

PlayStation 2 continues its dominance in the run up to Christmas with weekly sales tearing through the 100,000 mark in the UK. For the week ending December 7, PS2 shifted a total of 113,862 units, representing an increase of 23 percent on the previous week.
But Sony's hardware wasn't the only winner, with significant increases in sales found on all major platforms, with GBA, GC and Xbox all enjoying a healthy performance.

Microsoft has had much cause for celebration over recent weeks and the smile just got a whole lot broader, with Xbox enjoying the best week on week performances of all formats, selling 27,829 units - a rise of 31 percent.

And highly placed retail sources have revealed that the overwhelming majority of Xbox sales came from the Xbox Sega bundle (including Jet Set Radio Future and Sega GT 2002), accounting for well over four fifths of the total.

This pulls Xbox further clear of GameCube, with Nintendo's console notching up 11,531 sales over the same period, still a respectable 15 percent increase on the previous week's figures. But Nintendo can take comfort in healthy handheld sales, with a total of 32,345 GBA shifted - up 18 percent.
Wed 11/12/02 at 00:53
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ha i just amanaged to make out what your tagline says.

"Nobody cares"
Wed 11/12/02 at 00:27
Regular
"NiNtEnDo Fo LyF FoO"
er-no wrote:
> Well. Hear you there Wookie. I never disagreed that. I just know from
> experience.
>
> Also, dude get Clone Wars instead of Bounty Hunter. Tis a better game.]

i'm No Starwars game expert but i think Bounty hunter would do just fine dont ya think?
Wed 11/12/02 at 00:18
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
NGC said clone wars was toss.

Who to trust?
Wed 11/12/02 at 00:05
Regular
"everyone says it"
Well. Hear you there Wookie. I never disagreed that. I just know from experience.

Also, dude get Clone Wars instead of Bounty Hunter. Tis a better game.
Wed 11/12/02 at 00:03
Regular
noooooooooooooo

Don't let Bounty Hunter be crap, I was really looking forward to it!

*hopes for improvment on GC version*
Tue 10/12/02 at 23:55
"High polygon count"
I'm sure that if the PS2 was generally as unreliable as you think, it wouldn't have sold anywhere near as much as it has. Word of mouth would have spread long, long ago, and no-one would have bought it.

People can only speak form their own experience, of course. Yours was unfortunate, and other people have also been in your position. But in my experience, PS2 has been extremely reliable - my launch machine still going strong, and problem free, after all this time.

You *think* that a lot of people have problems, but then you never hear from the millions and millions of satisfied customers. People only speak out when they have a complaint - the majority of satisfied customers never say a word of thanks.

PS2 is over two years older in terms of technology than both Xbox and Gamecube, and all things considered, it has proven more than capable of holding its own.

As for the Two Towers game, that's just personal opinion. I haven't played it, so I can't comment - but if it *is* crap, I'm afraid you can't blame that on the PS2 - that's entirely down to the developers!
Tue 10/12/02 at 23:48
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Whitestripes wrote:
> Half the people I meet are complete idiots.
>
> 99% of the people I meet are complete idiots. That tends to happen in
> asylums.

I'm not insane! I'm merely eccentric!
Tue 10/12/02 at 23:44
Regular
"everyone says it"
No really. I am peeved off with the PS2, the only reason it has so many sales is because of returns and replacements. Divide that final figure by three. Its actually a crap console in general. I have more fun playing on my XBox.

The PS2 cannot handle modern games (bloody two minute load for GTAVC). Maybe it should go with its look and just release Space Invaders.

I cannot wait till after Christmas where people will be returning their bloody PS2's and bloody getting the GameCube or XBox instead. It will happen. Two Towers is a crap game.
Tue 10/12/02 at 23:40
"High polygon count"
Oooooooo get you!
Tue 10/12/02 at 23:37
Regular
"everyone says it"
Ant wrote:
> Hehe, the PS2 rules, as it should be.
>
> Can't wait for Christmas...I migh be getting Red Faction 2, maybe
> Bounty Hunter, maybe The Two Towers...and I'm still playing through
> SmackDown SYM and Vice City.

The PS2 is old and I dislike it. Two Towers is crap. Bounty Hunter is crap and Red Faction 2 is terrible.

Vice City was a big let down as well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.