GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bloody hell!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/12/02 at 18:30
Regular
From C&VG.com:

PlayStation 2 continues its dominance in the run up to Christmas with weekly sales tearing through the 100,000 mark in the UK. For the week ending December 7, PS2 shifted a total of 113,862 units, representing an increase of 23 percent on the previous week.
But Sony's hardware wasn't the only winner, with significant increases in sales found on all major platforms, with GBA, GC and Xbox all enjoying a healthy performance.

Microsoft has had much cause for celebration over recent weeks and the smile just got a whole lot broader, with Xbox enjoying the best week on week performances of all formats, selling 27,829 units - a rise of 31 percent.

And highly placed retail sources have revealed that the overwhelming majority of Xbox sales came from the Xbox Sega bundle (including Jet Set Radio Future and Sega GT 2002), accounting for well over four fifths of the total.

This pulls Xbox further clear of GameCube, with Nintendo's console notching up 11,531 sales over the same period, still a respectable 15 percent increase on the previous week's figures. But Nintendo can take comfort in healthy handheld sales, with a total of 32,345 GBA shifted - up 18 percent.
Tue 10/12/02 at 18:30
Regular
From C&VG.com:

PlayStation 2 continues its dominance in the run up to Christmas with weekly sales tearing through the 100,000 mark in the UK. For the week ending December 7, PS2 shifted a total of 113,862 units, representing an increase of 23 percent on the previous week.
But Sony's hardware wasn't the only winner, with significant increases in sales found on all major platforms, with GBA, GC and Xbox all enjoying a healthy performance.

Microsoft has had much cause for celebration over recent weeks and the smile just got a whole lot broader, with Xbox enjoying the best week on week performances of all formats, selling 27,829 units - a rise of 31 percent.

And highly placed retail sources have revealed that the overwhelming majority of Xbox sales came from the Xbox Sega bundle (including Jet Set Radio Future and Sega GT 2002), accounting for well over four fifths of the total.

This pulls Xbox further clear of GameCube, with Nintendo's console notching up 11,531 sales over the same period, still a respectable 15 percent increase on the previous week's figures. But Nintendo can take comfort in healthy handheld sales, with a total of 32,345 GBA shifted - up 18 percent.
Tue 10/12/02 at 18:33
Regular
"Max Power"
Your Honour wrote:
> PlayStation 2 continues its dominance in the run up to Christmas with
> weekly sales tearing through the 100,000 mark in the UK. For the week
> ending December 7, PS2 shifted a total of 113,862 units, representing
> an increase of 23 percent on the previous week.
> But Sony's hardware wasn't the only winner, with significant increases
> in sales found on all major platforms, with GBA, GC and Xbox all
> enjoying a healthy performance.

i didnt think there was that many ps2 sold in the UK
Tue 10/12/02 at 18:38
Regular
Well, with the Pinkmin 2 and Mario 128 confirmations from Shigsy, expect the GC to start punching its weight soon.
Tue 10/12/02 at 18:41
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
L337ist wrote:
> Well, with the Pinkmin 2 and Mario 128 confirmations from Shigsy,
> expect the GC to start punching its weight soon.

Yeah right...by "soon" you mean this time next year right ? No one in their right mind will by a GC because of the promise of two games coming god knows when. Nintendo need a price drop, or to bundle in games like MS have done, or else...

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 10/12/02 at 18:43
Regular
Yeah, by soon I mean closer the time of release.

Soon geographically speaking ;-)

Although some fools might actually be enticed by the pile of tosh that looks to be Metroid Prime.
Tue 10/12/02 at 20:43
Regular
Metroid and Zelda are the next big hitters, but they're not until AFTER Christmas.

What Nintendo REALLY needs to sort out is the pricing.
Even if MS throwing wild deals is a sign of desperation, it's getting the customers.

If Nintendo dropped the Cube to 100 pounds with Mario or Starfox or Eternal Darkness, sales would almost certainly double.
Tue 10/12/02 at 20:58
Regular
"gsybe you!"
A) Metroid looks to be the best game of the past few years - in parcticly every respect.

and B) I concur. A price drop is needed to lift the GC bakc again. But then again, this is Nintendo we're talking about.

But still. I have ma Cube.
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:08
Regular
Belldandy wrote:

> No one in their right mind will by a GC because of the promise of two
> games

Even though about 70% of initial X-Box owners bought it purely because of Halo?
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:15
Regular
Still the morons flock to buy their out of date black boxes, we really live in a nation of idiots don't we?

Still you can't expect there to be any real justice in a country that flocks to buy Gareth Gates singles by the millions.
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:15
Regular
"Wasting away"
Can you prove that? I think not.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.