GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bloody hell!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/12/02 at 18:30
Regular
From C&VG.com:

PlayStation 2 continues its dominance in the run up to Christmas with weekly sales tearing through the 100,000 mark in the UK. For the week ending December 7, PS2 shifted a total of 113,862 units, representing an increase of 23 percent on the previous week.
But Sony's hardware wasn't the only winner, with significant increases in sales found on all major platforms, with GBA, GC and Xbox all enjoying a healthy performance.

Microsoft has had much cause for celebration over recent weeks and the smile just got a whole lot broader, with Xbox enjoying the best week on week performances of all formats, selling 27,829 units - a rise of 31 percent.

And highly placed retail sources have revealed that the overwhelming majority of Xbox sales came from the Xbox Sega bundle (including Jet Set Radio Future and Sega GT 2002), accounting for well over four fifths of the total.

This pulls Xbox further clear of GameCube, with Nintendo's console notching up 11,531 sales over the same period, still a respectable 15 percent increase on the previous week's figures. But Nintendo can take comfort in healthy handheld sales, with a total of 32,345 GBA shifted - up 18 percent.
Wed 11/12/02 at 16:01
Regular
No really, Two Towers is crap.

I've played all the LOTR games released this year, and they are all toss, like you'd expect with a big film tie in game.
Wed 11/12/02 at 15:49
Regular
"I like cheese"
er-no wrote:
> The PS2 is old and I dislike it. Two Towers is crap. Bounty Hunter is
> crap and Red Faction 2 is terrible.
>
> Vice City was a big let down as well.

Lol! Lets see...GameSpot gave The Two Towers 8.1, Red Faction 2 8.3 and Vice City 9.6.

And I'd hardly call two years 'old'. I hope not anyway, otherwise we'd be buying new consoles every three years or so.
Wed 11/12/02 at 13:58
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Edge usually does fairly decent reviews...but i always try to rent/play a game before buying it...
Wed 11/12/02 at 13:57
"possibly impossible"
Insane Bartender wrote:
>
> I don't usually trust magazine reviews, but they are right on the
> money with that one.

I don't trust people who don't trust magazines.

No wait, that's wrong...
Wed 11/12/02 at 13:00
"Darkness, always"
cookie monster wrote:
> NGC said clone wars was toss.
>
> Who to trust?

I don't usually trust magazine reviews, but they are right on the money with that one.
Wed 11/12/02 at 12:57
Regular
er-no wrote:
> No really. I am peeved off with the PS2, the only reason it has so
> many sales is because of returns and replacements. Divide that final
> figure by three. Its actually a crap console in general. I have more
> fun playing on my XBox.
>
> The PS2 cannot handle modern games (bloody two minute load for GTAVC).
> Maybe it should go with its look and just release Space Invaders.
>
> I cannot wait till after Christmas where people will be returning
> their bloody PS2's and bloody getting the GameCube or XBox instead.
> It will happen. Two Towers is a crap game.

If people were convinced of XBox over their existing PS2's, the *trade in* of ps2's would already be under way big time.
Wed 11/12/02 at 11:26
Regular
Noooooo

Clone Wars is toss

utter toss

The on foot levels are a joke, you actually have a turning circle of about 2m
Wed 11/12/02 at 08:51
Regular
I can't belive that the PS2 is shifting over 100,000 units in a week, when the damn things is over two years old!

Show's that Sony certainly has a good marketing department anyway...
Wed 11/12/02 at 01:15
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I find vice city to be confusing.

Toilet roll tubes make just as good binoculars as glass lenses do.
Wed 11/12/02 at 01:11
Regular
"everyone says it"
By the way I tried to say I'd be there.

Clone Wars is great fun.

Personal opinion.

Bomberman is also great fun.

Vice City is a let down.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.