GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Famitsu Zelda Score -->Here"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/12/02 at 17:38
Regular
As you know, the score combines four reviewers' ratings out of ten, to give a score out of 40. I'm not going to let you read on to find out - the game got 40/40.

For past references here is the past Zelda scores from Famitsu:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
38/40
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
37/40
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
40/40

The only other games to get 40/40 are Zelda OOT, Soul Calibur and Vagrant Story. Don't post here that Famitsu are unreliable - Zelda is going to be brilliant.

Grade: 10

"A level of astoundment that exceeds even that exhibited by the previous "Ocarina". Despite being a completely new and ground-breaking work, it's amazing how this title managed to retain everything that defines 'Zelda' to begin with. If you're looking for a new plane of visual expression in games, one different from both photorealistic and anime styles, it can be found right here. Also features a unprecedented depth of story and adventure within the series that takes place across an ocean. To sum up: this title is 100% zelda, and is an absolutely must-play title."

"Utilizing tone rendering as a catalyst of visual expression of sorts and combining it with the highest quality gameplay, game environments and production values, a a miraculous chemical reaction is created with this incredible title. It makes you realize once again that video games truly are the most superior form of entertainment out there. Whatever you do in within the game, it doesn't fail to entertain you in some way. Trust me when I say you won't fail to fall in the love with the world presented within this title."

"Any pangs of anxiety you might have in regards to the anime-like presentation of this game will vanish once you play this title, which will leave no doubts in your mind that this is truly Zelda. The emotions of the various characters come across with an unbelievable level of realism due through eye-based movements/expressions, and there are times when you'll find yourself extremely affected and even on the verge of tears. With a perfect level of difficulty in regards to both the puzzles and battles, this title rewards you immensely for playing it!"

"Whether it be the in-game events, puzzles, or presentation, you'll find yourself experiencing a range of human emotions from puzzlement to amazement. Everytime you pick up this title to proceed onwards in your quest, you'll discover an increased level of excitement. I swear to god I felt like a excited child picking up a videogame for the first time when I played this title. The new setup that allows even those who have never experienced the series to immediately feel right at home gets a huge thumbs up from me."

Taken from various sources on the web and Edge online forums.
Thu 12/12/02 at 14:35
"Darkness, always"
This has been on my list of "must buy" games ever since the first time I saw the game in motion.

It's nothing short of awesome.
Thu 12/12/02 at 14:27
Regular
"everyone says it"
38/40 Grix. I remember this Dreamcast fantatic telling me at work.
Thu 12/12/02 at 13:36
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I think they gave it 38. But I'm probably wrong, don't really know why I think that score, sounds right.

Anyway, anyone remember the game Vandal Hearts? Did they ever sequel that game?

Zelda though, wahoo! Can't wait etc etc
Thu 12/12/02 at 13:33
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
That's an excellently informative post. Thanks. Needless to say, I'll be ordering my copy of Zelda a.s.a.p.
Thu 12/12/02 at 13:31
Regular
Famitsu are incredibily relibable for me. If they love a game, I'll love it too.

Although, I never did find out what they gave Skies...
Wed 11/12/02 at 21:19
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
In an interview shigs, he said it took master testers 12 hours

Ocarina took master testers 6.

Does that show you?
Wed 11/12/02 at 21:01
Regular
So the Zelda franchise accounts for half of Famitsu's league of perfection.

Not bad.

I wonder how long it lasts...
Wed 11/12/02 at 19:15
Regular
"¬_¬"
Microchips wrote:
> Yeah, i've been waiting so long for Zelda. I remember first seeing
> the cel-shaded graphics and thought "Hmm... suspect" but
> sicnce then (about a week afterwards) I have loved every screenshot
> and gazed in awe at the movies.

N64 magazine misquoted me on that, the b**tards. I sent in a long letter saying how it's the logical step to take, even if Link looks like a girl. The letter the printed, from me? "Link looks like a girl". Great...
Wed 11/12/02 at 18:13
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Just gonna post this..

---

Meanwhile, in other Ninty news, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker has just been awarded a perfect score of 40/40 in prestigious weekly Japanese games mag Famitsu - which kind of suggests that the game is going to live up to the hype. Hurrah!

---

from gamesradar.com

But you beat me to it!

Damn..yeah
Wed 11/12/02 at 18:08
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
The game to get me back into games? I hope so. But I doubt. Since I've hoped that for the last 3 big games and none of them have succeeded.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.