GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Famitsu Zelda Score -->Here"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/12/02 at 17:38
Regular
As you know, the score combines four reviewers' ratings out of ten, to give a score out of 40. I'm not going to let you read on to find out - the game got 40/40.

For past references here is the past Zelda scores from Famitsu:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
38/40
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
37/40
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
40/40

The only other games to get 40/40 are Zelda OOT, Soul Calibur and Vagrant Story. Don't post here that Famitsu are unreliable - Zelda is going to be brilliant.

Grade: 10

"A level of astoundment that exceeds even that exhibited by the previous "Ocarina". Despite being a completely new and ground-breaking work, it's amazing how this title managed to retain everything that defines 'Zelda' to begin with. If you're looking for a new plane of visual expression in games, one different from both photorealistic and anime styles, it can be found right here. Also features a unprecedented depth of story and adventure within the series that takes place across an ocean. To sum up: this title is 100% zelda, and is an absolutely must-play title."

"Utilizing tone rendering as a catalyst of visual expression of sorts and combining it with the highest quality gameplay, game environments and production values, a a miraculous chemical reaction is created with this incredible title. It makes you realize once again that video games truly are the most superior form of entertainment out there. Whatever you do in within the game, it doesn't fail to entertain you in some way. Trust me when I say you won't fail to fall in the love with the world presented within this title."

"Any pangs of anxiety you might have in regards to the anime-like presentation of this game will vanish once you play this title, which will leave no doubts in your mind that this is truly Zelda. The emotions of the various characters come across with an unbelievable level of realism due through eye-based movements/expressions, and there are times when you'll find yourself extremely affected and even on the verge of tears. With a perfect level of difficulty in regards to both the puzzles and battles, this title rewards you immensely for playing it!"

"Whether it be the in-game events, puzzles, or presentation, you'll find yourself experiencing a range of human emotions from puzzlement to amazement. Everytime you pick up this title to proceed onwards in your quest, you'll discover an increased level of excitement. I swear to god I felt like a excited child picking up a videogame for the first time when I played this title. The new setup that allows even those who have never experienced the series to immediately feel right at home gets a huge thumbs up from me."

Taken from various sources on the web and Edge online forums.
Wed 11/12/02 at 17:38
Regular
"¬_¬"
As you know, the score combines four reviewers' ratings out of ten, to give a score out of 40. I'm not going to let you read on to find out - the game got 40/40.

For past references here is the past Zelda scores from Famitsu:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
38/40
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
37/40
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
40/40

The only other games to get 40/40 are Zelda OOT, Soul Calibur and Vagrant Story. Don't post here that Famitsu are unreliable - Zelda is going to be brilliant.

"A level of astoundment that exceeds even that exhibited by the previous "Ocarina". Despite being a completely new and ground-breaking work, it's amazing how this title managed to retain everything that defines 'Zelda' to begin with. If you're looking for a new plane of visual expression in games, one different from both photorealistic and anime styles, it can be found right here. Also features a unprecedented depth of story and adventure within the series that takes place across an ocean. To sum up: this title is 100% zelda, and is an absolutely must-play title."

"Utilizing tone rendering as a catalyst of visual expression of sorts and combining it with the highest quality gameplay, game environments and production values, a a miraculous chemical reaction is created with this incredible title. It makes you realize once again that video games truly are the most superior form of entertainment out there. Whatever you do in within the game, it doesn't fail to entertain you in some way. Trust me when I say you won't fail to fall in the love with the world presented within this title."

"Any pangs of anxiety you might have in regards to the anime-like presentation of this game will vanish once you play this title, which will leave no doubts in your mind that this is truly Zelda. The emotions of the various characters come across with an unbelievable level of realism due through eye-based movements/expressions, and there are times when you'll find yourself extremely affected and even on the verge of tears. With a perfect level of difficulty in regards to both the puzzles and battles, this title rewards you immensely for playing it!"

"Whether it be the in-game events, puzzles, or presentation, you'll find yourself experiencing a range of human emotions from puzzlement to amazement. Everytime you pick up this title to proceed onwards in your quest, you'll discover an increased level of excitement. I swear to god I felt like a excited child picking up a videogame for the first time when I played this title. The new setup that allows even those who have never experienced the series to immediately feel right at home gets a huge thumbs up from me."

Taken from various sources on the web and Edge online forums.
Wed 11/12/02 at 17:41
Regular
"bing bang bong"
*fizz*
Regular
Nice.

Wish i was playing it this Christmas though.
Regular
"gsybe you!"
mmmmmmmmmwahahaha....... ......MWAMWAMWAWAAWAWEAWEAHA!

HA!
Wed 11/12/02 at 17:46
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Given the scores that they've given just about every other Zelda game to ever be made, it's not that surprising really.

Should still be good though, I actually quite like the way it looks, don't understand what all the fuss is about.
Wed 11/12/02 at 17:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Best. Game. Ever
Probably.
Wed 11/12/02 at 17:47
Regular
"¬_¬"
gerrid wrote:
> Best. Game. Ever.
Unanimous.
Wed 11/12/02 at 17:50
Regular
"Festivus!"
'On the verge of tears'

Have the ruthless Japanese trned soft?
Wed 11/12/02 at 17:52
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Yeah, i've been waiting so long for Zelda. I remember first seeing the cel-shaded graphics and thought "Hmm... suspect" but sicnce then (about a week afterwards) I have loved every screenshot and gazed in awe at the movies.
Wed 11/12/02 at 17:56
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Mustnt be that good then, only getting 40... pfft.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.