GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"~SPOOF OFF Competition on Dec. 23, 2002~"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/12/02 at 18:44
Regular
There will be a spoof competition on December 23, 2002 called the SPOOF OFF. If you win you will of course get a GAD, well earned respect, and the fact that you are one of the best spoofers around.

To win you must submit a spoof on the 23rd and wait until the staffies announce the GAD winners for that day. If it is a person's spoof, they win. If NO spoof wins for that day, meaning another kind of topic wins there will be no winner to the SPOOF OFF and we have to face it that we aren't very good at spoofing.

Posting a spoof on Dec. 23rd will automatically enter you into the SPOOF OFF.

I don't really reccomend people to post GAD attempts besides spoofs on the 23rd because you will most likely be better off posting it the next day due to the amount of spoofs coming on the 23rd.

Me and some forum members thought up some rules though...

RULES
1. ANYBOBY can join the spoof contest. There is no member that can't try to win for the best spoof even if they are annoying and/or bad.

2. You can only submit ONE spoof! If you make more than one just to raise your chances of winning you will be cheating. If you do win by GAD for the 23rd for cheating by raising our chances like this we will
all say "BOO, you are a cheater, BOO!". There is no point in cheating!!

3. Don't criticize someone's spoof just to make yours look good!

4. Comments on anybody's spoof can be said in this thread. It's recommended even.

5. Have fun!

Special thanks to |Microchips| |Azul2002| |MandaTare||PsychoticKiller| |maddmun| |Bazzman| |FinalFantasyFanatic| |torticollis| |Smerc| |Posh Kid| |Mojojojo| and |WhiteStripes| for supporting and/or helping me with this contest.

If you have any questions about the SPOOF OFF, ask in this thread and I'll be happy to answer. Good luck on the Dec. 23.

Drunk
Wed 11/12/02 at 18:44
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
There will be a spoof competition on December 23, 2002 called the SPOOF OFF. If you win you will of course get a GAD, well earned respect, and the fact that you are one of the best spoofers around.

To win you must submit a spoof on the 23rd and wait until the staffies announce the GAD winners for that day. If it is a person's spoof, they win. If NO spoof wins for that day, meaning another kind of topic wins there will be no winner to the SPOOF OFF and we have to face it that we aren't very good at spoofing.

Posting a spoof on Dec. 23rd will automatically enter you into the SPOOF OFF.

I don't really reccomend people to post GAD attempts besides spoofs on the 23rd because you will most likely be better off posting it the next day due to the amount of spoofs coming on the 23rd.

Me and some forum members thought up some rules though...

RULES
1. ANYBOBY can join the spoof contest. There is no member that can't try to win for the best spoof even if they are annoying and/or bad.

2. You can only submit ONE spoof! If you make more than one just to raise your chances of winning you will be cheating. If you do win by GAD for the 23rd for cheating by raising our chances like this we will
all say "BOO, you are a cheater, BOO!". There is no point in cheating!!

3. Don't criticize someone's spoof just to make yours look good!

4. Comments on anybody's spoof can be said in this thread. It's recommended even.

5. Have fun!

Special thanks to |Microchips| |Azul2002| |MandaTare||PsychoticKiller| |maddmun| |Bazzman| |FinalFantasyFanatic| |torticollis| |Smerc| |Posh Kid| |Mojojojo| and |WhiteStripes| for supporting and/or helping me with this contest.

If you have any questions about the SPOOF OFF, ask in this thread and I'll be happy to answer. Good luck on the Dec. 23.

Drunk
Wed 11/12/02 at 18:49
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Hurru.
But what if the 'spoofs' involve only people you have never heard of, and situations you don't understand? Can they still win?
Wed 11/12/02 at 18:49
Regular
Drunk Cow wrote:
> Special thanks to
> |maddmun|

dang, ah well, it's not a suitable date, I'll submit mine on the 22nd, or whenever I can, but I'll post it, dang, I didn't mean to submit myself in this, ah well.
Wed 11/12/02 at 18:50
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
gerrid wrote:
> Hurru.
> But what if the 'spoofs' involve only people you have never heard of,
> and situations you don't understand? Can they still win?

As long as it is obviosly a spoof and it wins GAD it's perfect.:-D
Wed 11/12/02 at 18:53
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
maddmun wrote:
> Drunk Cow wrote:
> Special thanks to
> |maddmun|
>
> dang, ah well, it's not a suitable date, I'll submit mine on the 22nd,
> or whenever I can, but I'll post it, dang

Make it before the 20th then get ready to post it at midnight on the 22nd. As long it's on the 23rd. Or if you can do it at night. Please don't let me down maddmun!!!!!!

>I didn't mean to submit myself in this, ah well.

"points and laughs"

Well, your too far into this thing now to quit.;)
Wed 11/12/02 at 18:54
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Heheh, it'd be funny if pb, Meka, Totoro, Half-Pint and some others all posted serious posts, just to try and beat you lot.

:-D
Wed 11/12/02 at 18:57
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Heheh, it'd be funny if pb, Meka, Totoro, Half-Pint and some others
> all posted serious posts, just to try and beat you lot.
>
> :-D

You should join in this AfroJoe.
Wed 11/12/02 at 18:59
Regular
pish

I didn't support the idea

And you spelt my name wrong

I'm not playing anymore
Wed 11/12/02 at 19:00
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Drunk Cow wrote:
> You should join in this AfroJoe.

---

Might just do.

I have a good idea for a post, but it's not as 'Spoof-like' as you'd all want.
Wed 11/12/02 at 19:09
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Whitestripes wrote:
> pish
>
> I didn't support the idea
>
> And you spelt my name wrong
>
>
> I'm not playing anymore

Sorry Whitestrofds.;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.