GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"~SPOOF OFF Competition on Dec. 23, 2002~"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/12/02 at 18:44
Regular
There will be a spoof competition on December 23, 2002 called the SPOOF OFF. If you win you will of course get a GAD, well earned respect, and the fact that you are one of the best spoofers around.

To win you must submit a spoof on the 23rd and wait until the staffies announce the GAD winners for that day. If it is a person's spoof, they win. If NO spoof wins for that day, meaning another kind of topic wins there will be no winner to the SPOOF OFF and we have to face it that we aren't very good at spoofing.

Posting a spoof on Dec. 23rd will automatically enter you into the SPOOF OFF.

I don't really reccomend people to post GAD attempts besides spoofs on the 23rd because you will most likely be better off posting it the next day due to the amount of spoofs coming on the 23rd.

Me and some forum members thought up some rules though...

RULES
1. ANYBOBY can join the spoof contest. There is no member that can't try to win for the best spoof even if they are annoying and/or bad.

2. You can only submit ONE spoof! If you make more than one just to raise your chances of winning you will be cheating. If you do win by GAD for the 23rd for cheating by raising our chances like this we will
all say "BOO, you are a cheater, BOO!". There is no point in cheating!!

3. Don't criticize someone's spoof just to make yours look good!

4. Comments on anybody's spoof can be said in this thread. It's recommended even.

5. Have fun!

Special thanks to |Microchips| |Azul2002| |MandaTare||PsychoticKiller| |maddmun| |Bazzman| |FinalFantasyFanatic| |torticollis| |Smerc| |Posh Kid| |Mojojojo| and |WhiteStripes| for supporting and/or helping me with this contest.

If you have any questions about the SPOOF OFF, ask in this thread and I'll be happy to answer. Good luck on the Dec. 23.

Drunk
Mon 23/12/02 at 19:09
Regular
"I like cheese"
I might be able to write a short one before midnight.
Mon 23/12/02 at 19:08
Regular
"I like cheese"
Bah...I had an idea but I've been out all day, and I'm going out from eight till ten.

Maybe I post my very old story which won GAD but change the names around so they're more up-to-date. :D
Sun 22/12/02 at 21:14
Regular
Generally you write a humourous parady of something

Oh, and it is crap, they are all crap.
Sun 22/12/02 at 21:09
Regular
So what does spoof mean? I mean, what's the criteria?
Sat 21/12/02 at 23:27
Regular
Yes, I've already begun the remake of it, but I have an unusual imagination and a VERY slow typing speed, plus the fact that I have to go out for trainers tomorrow makes it worse, but, like I said, I'll post it IF I can, and I will already try, eh? that makes no sens ....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... ..zzzzzzzzzz
Sat 21/12/02 at 23:12
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
what I'm trying to say maddmun is that I also had a spoof and it was erased yesterday by my brother because of the name. And the name was only SPOOF. He thought it was a virus and deleted it!!!! I started making a new spoof today though. NEW!!!!!! Meaning very different from last one. So if your like me you shouldn't have a problem because you have what's left of today, all of tomorrow, and all of monday(except you must post it before midnight....kind of like Cinderella but without the shoes and the wierd dresses).

That's why me called you a liar.:-0
Sat 21/12/02 at 23:09
Regular
"Spanish Hardcore"
You don't have to lie, just be honest and he wont get mad at you.
Sat 21/12/02 at 23:08
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
maddmun wrote:
> NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I lost my file!!!!!!!! NOOO!!!!!!!!little chance of
> me getting it in on time, I'll post it when it's re-done though. I
> guess I'll have to eat PIE ANOTHER DAY.... erm... bad joke... damn

Bad liar.
Sat 21/12/02 at 23:06
Regular
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I lost my file!!!!!!!! NOOO!!!!!!!!little chance of me getting it in on time, I'll post it when it's re-done though. I guess I'll have to eat PIE ANOTHER DAY.... erm... bad joke... damn
Sat 21/12/02 at 22:05
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Im dropping out of Spoof Off, sorry to anyone who had their hopes up.

Hmm, too bad.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.