GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What I hate about the current notable system"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/12/02 at 20:39
Regular
Discussing the recent post by Tony:

[20:30:28] But what has AfroJoe done to not deserve notability?
[20:30:29] I mean, he's a good poster

Urgh! Least of all I expected that from Grix. OK he's drunk at the moment, but still.

The question we should be asking ourselves, is "What has AfroJoe done to deserve notability?"

The answer is, not much. OK, he may have been cream of the crop, but not notable. Like the 1995 (?) elections, people voted for the best candidate, not for anyone that actually deserved to be in Government. This isn't the time nor the place to discuss politics, but you know what I mean.

What I'm getting at. is people have lost sight of what Notable actually means. Yes I know you've heard all this before.

Anyway, I've done now.
Thu 12/12/02 at 06:57
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Starlight wrote:
> I don't like the notable system becuase blah blah blah blah blah blah,
> neh neh neh neh neh, rar rar rar rar I'm not a notable and god damn
> you little mutherfu.... you are a notable and you don't deserve.
>
> Well that's my version of the post anyway.

Right: Let's get this sorted out once and for all.

I'm not bitter about not being a notable. Anyone that thinks I am is CLEARLY a moron and well worthy of Pinkie status. I'm not saying I don't want to be a notable, but really - I hardly ever post in this forum. The only place I post in frequently is the tech forum, where thankfully people can distinguish calibre without the need for a wee-coloured name to spell it out for them.

You know, the FOG was once like that. What a shame.

And as for you Ortega, you can just shuttit. I like that word :-D
Wed 11/12/02 at 23:47
Regular
"NiNtEnDo Fo LyF FoO"
Whats Wrong with AfroJoe, He was Voted most So he Desrved it. Simple as that. and Mojojojo.. Not girlfriends. Monkeys.
Wed 11/12/02 at 23:30
Regular
"That's right!"
AfroJoe wrote:
> You've not been around for nearly a year, and in that time, I could've
> become the best poster on here.
>
> Of course, that isn't in any way true, but

---------

I think what AfroJoe was trying to say here was "MoJoJoJo deserved to win the election. Let's all praise him. Let's all send him cheques in the post. Let's make our attractive girlfriends/sisters sleep with him"

Or, at least, that's what I got from it...
Wed 11/12/02 at 23:17
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I don't like the notable system becuase blah blah blah blah blah blah, neh neh neh neh neh, rar rar rar rar I'm not a notable and god damn you little mutherfu.... you are a notable and you don't deserve.

Well that's my version of the post anyway.
Wed 11/12/02 at 23:13
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:

> Negative

"The T1000 will definitely try to aquire you there"
Wed 11/12/02 at 23:11
"Uzi Lover"
It's ok.

Just read my book: "How To Deal With The Current Notable System"
Wed 11/12/02 at 23:01
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Turbonutter wrote:
> Be bitter about being voted a notable for a forum I haven't posted
> in
> for nearly year, save for the odd notable election every 3 months?
>
> ---
>
> And you're judging me?
>
> You've not been around for nearly a year, and in that time, I could've
> become the best poster on here.

Negative, you didn't read what I said. I only said I hadn't posted for nearly a year.
Wed 11/12/02 at 23:01
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
I think we're all mising the real issue here:

[20:30:28]
Don't you see?
Grix split his infinitive!

Everyone knows it should be "what has AfroJoe done not to deserve his notability?" and when written correctly there's no problem. No confusion or crossed wires. Everyone understands that Grix meant no disrespect as a charracter out of the godfather might say.

So remember kids, pay attention to your grammar at all times and avoid those heated arguments that ruin friendships and start wars (is it any coincidence that the increase in illiteracy in the Presidential office when Bush took over has been matched by an increase in general war-mongering?)

Grammar matters.
Wed 11/12/02 at 22:32
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Give us a kiss Afro :D

Welcome to the happy world of being a notable
Wed 11/12/02 at 22:17
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Be bitter about being voted a notable for a forum I haven't posted in
> for nearly year, save for the odd notable election every 3 months?

---

And you're judging me?

You've not been around for nearly a year, and in that time, I could've become the best poster on here.

Of course, that isn't in any way true, but I'm just giving you an example - you're saying you've not been around for nearly a year, and I presume if you've not been around for that length in time, then I also presume that you won't know much about what has happened in the last year, and therefore, you don't know enough about me to be judging me like this.

I really couldn't care what you think though, because you've done this to the last 3 or 4 new Notables now, and it's becoming somewhat of a trend for you - criticising the new Notable.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.