GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What I hate about the current notable system"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/12/02 at 20:39
Regular
Discussing the recent post by Tony:

[20:30:28] But what has AfroJoe done to not deserve notability?
[20:30:29] I mean, he's a good poster

Urgh! Least of all I expected that from Grix. OK he's drunk at the moment, but still.

The question we should be asking ourselves, is "What has AfroJoe done to deserve notability?"

The answer is, not much. OK, he may have been cream of the crop, but not notable. Like the 1995 (?) elections, people voted for the best candidate, not for anyone that actually deserved to be in Government. This isn't the time nor the place to discuss politics, but you know what I mean.

What I'm getting at. is people have lost sight of what Notable actually means. Yes I know you've heard all this before.

Anyway, I've done now.
Wed 11/12/02 at 20:39
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Discussing the recent post by Tony:

[20:30:28] But what has AfroJoe done to not deserve notability?
[20:30:29] I mean, he's a good poster

Urgh! Least of all I expected that from Grix. OK he's drunk at the moment, but still.

The question we should be asking ourselves, is "What has AfroJoe done to deserve notability?"

The answer is, not much. OK, he may have been cream of the crop, but not notable. Like the 1995 (?) elections, people voted for the best candidate, not for anyone that actually deserved to be in Government. This isn't the time nor the place to discuss politics, but you know what I mean.

What I'm getting at. is people have lost sight of what Notable actually means. Yes I know you've heard all this before.

Anyway, I've done now.
Wed 11/12/02 at 20:42
Regular
"Wasting away"
It's quite cold tonight, wouldn't you say?
Wed 11/12/02 at 20:43
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Bit nippy out. I nicked my girlfriend's scarf, until she wanted it back, so we started sharing it. Long scarf.

Well, it is now.
Wed 11/12/02 at 20:43
Regular
the only person i'm not sure should be a notable is pro evo, the rest deserve to be notables loads do but some get in before others

sniper will probably be voted off, but he stands for everything notables should be, not serious

and we're not a government, were a bunch of geeks on computers who can make people laugh

thatas all
Wed 11/12/02 at 20:47
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'm not a geek

Just got no mates just now :P
Wed 11/12/02 at 20:50
Regular
You're just bitter because you're not a notable.

AJ deserves it just as much as anyone else
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
SHEEPY wrote:
> I'm not a geek
>
> Just got no mates just now :P

Let's recap:

No friends
Spends all his time on the computer
Is ALWAYS logged on to MSN
Writes reviews and articles for free (almost) on a videogames website

Geek ;-)
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Whitestripes wrote:
> You're just bitter because you're not a notable.
>
> AJ deserves it just as much as anyone else

What would I want to be a notable for?
Wed 11/12/02 at 20:51
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Yeah but I look cool :D
Wed 11/12/02 at 20:52
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> Whitestripes wrote:
> You're just bitter because you're not a notable.
>
> AJ deserves it just as much as anyone else
> ****
> What would I want to be a notable for?

err..because you do

just be bitter, we'll all feel better then

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.