GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"R.I.P N64"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/02/02 at 00:00
Regular
We gather here today, to celebrate the short-life of the unpopular gaming console the N64. Seemingly trampled all over by new consoles such as sony and microsofts, the nintendo was pushed into the gutter to live a life with ludicrously over priced games and daft controlers to share it's cardboard box with.
Taking it's throne is the GameCube which is also just been pushed onto the kerb by rapidly advancing consoles, not having enough time to compete with blocky graphics and poor titles.
So let us pray, to our heaven above that Nintendo shall never hold a frightening reign over the gaming world and focus on the smaller things in life such as the ever-loved but deteriorating gameboy advance.
Ahmen.

Hoped you liked the service by the way, brought to you by the famous stallion.
Wed 20/02/02 at 00:00
""Meth""
We gather here today, to celebrate the short-life of the unpopular gaming console the N64. Seemingly trampled all over by new consoles such as sony and microsofts, the nintendo was pushed into the gutter to live a life with ludicrously over priced games and daft controlers to share it's cardboard box with.
Taking it's throne is the GameCube which is also just been pushed onto the kerb by rapidly advancing consoles, not having enough time to compete with blocky graphics and poor titles.
So let us pray, to our heaven above that Nintendo shall never hold a frightening reign over the gaming world and focus on the smaller things in life such as the ever-loved but deteriorating gameboy advance.
Ahmen.

Hoped you liked the service by the way, brought to you by the famous stallion.
Wed 20/02/02 at 00:04
Regular
go to www.sega-europe.com and check out the Super Monkey Ball ingame screenshots.

I don't know where you got the "Blocky graphics" from, but the GameCube aint got them!

It has been said that the GameCube is the best machine out of the PS2, X-box and GC because it is designed primarily for games, and according to one of the developers who's mentioned stuff on Nintendo's new domain www.gamecube.com, the Gamecube is easy to port PS2 games straight to it. Thus meaning if the PS2 games doesn;t have blocky graphics, then the GC version wont.

Play on a GameCube before you judge it like this.

btw: Someone else has already posted a topic about the N64 being dead already today!
Wed 20/02/02 at 00:10
Regular
"699 days!"
I'll admit the N64 is dead, but the cointroller was fine and the games were excellent, so you can't deny its quality. GameCube is also a class console, with anything but block graphics and good games. It has already sold millions, so I doubt its going to its grave just yet. BTW have you actually played one? Be honest.
Wed 20/02/02 at 00:14
Regular
DecallionStallion wrote:
Seemingly trampled all over by new consoles such as sony and
> microsofts,

Umm Mircosoft released a console before the X Box did it?

The N64 wasn't short lived you moron.

daft controlers

I harldy think so.

GameCube which is also just been pushed onto
> the kerb by rapidly advancing consoles, not having enough time to compete with
> blocky graphics and poor titles.

Gamecube blocky graphics? Are you blind?

Poor titles?

I can't even be bothered with this, get your facts straight you annying little cretin.

Ha ha I said Cretin.
Wed 20/02/02 at 00:16
Regular
"699 days!"
You go Tiltawhirl

Nice tag line by the way!
Wed 20/02/02 at 00:18
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
I don't play on my N64 much anymore partly because I have way too much work, but more because I've played every single game to death. Why? Because the N64 rocked. Mine had a long life span and while it may be dead now, for a long time it was very much alive.

One game that really showed the N64's better qualities over other formats was Shadowman. Anyone who played that on more than one format will know that the N64 version was the best. Also, the N64 had Goldeneye, Zelda, Perfect Dark and Blast Corps. All of which ruled.

I will buy a gamecube because Nintendo have consistently turned out great consoles. I agree that the N64's dead now but don't criticise it because for a long time it was king of the consoles.
Wed 20/02/02 at 00:20
Regular
"everyone says it"
Its topics like this that make me so bloody angry. You complete... f.. ool.

DecallionStallion wrote:
> We gather here today, to celebrate the short-life of the unpopular gaming
> console the N64.

Released in Europe on March 1st 1997. Four-five years for this console and you are calling it a short life? Fool.

Seemingly trampled all over by new consoles such as sony and
> microsofts, the nintendo was pushed into the gutter to live a life with
> ludicrously over priced games and daft controlers to share it's cardboard box
> with.

The games were higher prices, but it was up to you the gamer to buy the correct ones, don't complain if you haven't played, also, its my opinion, which is higher than yours because I am better at gaming than you to say that the Nintendo 64's controller was the best from the last batch of consoles (PS, N64 and DC).

Taking it's throne is the GameCube which is also just been pushed onto
> the kerb by rapidly advancing consoles, not having enough time to compete with
> blocky graphics and poor titles.

I won't even waste the energy with my fingers to answer this, its complete CRAP. You fool.

So let us pray, to our heaven above that
> Nintendo shall never hold a frightening reign over the gaming world and focus on
> the smaller things in life such as the ever-loved but deteriorating gameboy
> advance.
Ahmen.

Deteriorating GameboyAdvance? When at the moment they are working on a method of creating Playstation quality graphics on it? You fool.

Hoped you liked the service by the way, brought to you by
> the famous stallion.

Famous? Sorry, I don't look up fools much.
Wed 20/02/02 at 00:38
Regular
er-no wrote:

Released in Europe
> on March 1st 1997. Four-five years for this console and you are calling it a
> short life? Fool.

Ye, but when you compare it to the Playstation, which is still going now, it did have a relatively short life.

Playstation is still getting quality titles such as Pro Evolution soccer and FF6 for £10.
Wed 20/02/02 at 00:48
Regular
"everyone says it"
Or†ega wrote:
> er-no wrote:

Released in Europe
> on March 1st 1997. Four-five years for
> this console and you are calling it a
> short life? Fool.

Ye, but when
> you compare it to the Playstation, which is still going now, it did have a
> relatively short life.

Playstation is still getting quality titles such as
> Pro Evolution soccer and FF6 for £10.

It was not a short life (fullstop).

The Super Nintendo's was shorter, and anyway, the Nitnendo64 made Nintendo a larger profit than the Playstation did Sony. Well, Pokemon did have a little to do with that. Also, I think Pokemon will have a huge bounce back when its new games come out on the Cube and GBA.

Bring it.
Wed 20/02/02 at 00:52
Regular
"699 days!"
Wow, people really hated this post, didn't they!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.