GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"R.I.P N64"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/02/02 at 00:00
Regular
We gather here today, to celebrate the short-life of the unpopular gaming console the N64. Seemingly trampled all over by new consoles such as sony and microsofts, the nintendo was pushed into the gutter to live a life with ludicrously over priced games and daft controlers to share it's cardboard box with.
Taking it's throne is the GameCube which is also just been pushed onto the kerb by rapidly advancing consoles, not having enough time to compete with blocky graphics and poor titles.
So let us pray, to our heaven above that Nintendo shall never hold a frightening reign over the gaming world and focus on the smaller things in life such as the ever-loved but deteriorating gameboy advance.
Ahmen.

Hoped you liked the service by the way, brought to you by the famous stallion.
Wed 20/02/02 at 23:28
Regular
I'm not sure about official stats here in the UK, but in America, the Game Boy Advance has been the most popular console since it's launch.
Wed 20/02/02 at 23:05
Dringo wrote:

As for blicky graphics...
> where does he get his information from??? I know about the PS2's jagged Edge
> problem.

Damn right!
Gamecube for ever

And GBA sales are increasing!
Wed 20/02/02 at 23:02
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
not to pessimistic is it *p****d* <======sarcasm
Wed 20/02/02 at 23:01
Regular
I am pleased to see I have trained you all well in the art of sony slaying...
Wed 20/02/02 at 22:57
Regular
Strafex wrote:
> They fall for it every time...

Come one guys, you should know by now that
> these silly little cretins WANT rage filled replies.
That's the fun they get
> out of being retarted little twerps.

Then i will reply!

Since when was the N64 trampeled over, it looked better, it played better, it was better, it is better and will always be better than a certan Playstation.

The Gamecube is better, will be better, was better, looks better, plays better, smells better, its price is better than a certain Playstation 2 and its wannabe X-box...

As for blicky graphics... where does he get his information from??? I know about the PS2's jagged Edge problem.
Wed 20/02/02 at 18:00
Regular
lol thanks :)

I'm just used to replying to this kind of topic....
Wed 20/02/02 at 17:11
Regular
"everyone says it"
That was a brilliant post Edgy :)
Wed 20/02/02 at 16:17
Regular
They fall for it every time...

Come one guys, you should know by now that these silly little cretins WANT rage filled replies.
That's the fun they get out of being retarted little twerps.

It's more fitting to take the mick:

DecallionStallion wrote:
Taking it's throne is the GameCube which is also just been pushed onto
> the kerb by rapidly advancing consoles, not having enough time to compete with
> blocky graphics and poor titles.

Yep, because people are using their Gamecube to play great games 27/7, it doesn't have the time to compete with your blocky graphics, we pushed it onto the kerb so that only your piece of crap would get fittingly flatterned by the steam roller.

So there! :-P
Wed 20/02/02 at 14:59
Regular
DecallionStallion wrote:
> Listen here, babies, why would nintendo paint the daft new box a stupid
> purple-cause they want attention to be drawn to it.

Of course they do! Why did Sony release 6 special edition colours of the Playstation 2? To get people to waste more money than they need to to get a diferent colour casing for their PS2s! Anyway, you can also buy the Black GameCube on launch if you don't like the purple one!

Obviously not for it's
> weedy hardware.

Weedy hardware? As I've already said, the GameCube has been named the best console out of the three for gaming! The other two only have better specs to be able to play DVD's as well. The GameCube may not have the highest specs, but it's got decent hardware nonetheless.!

Look at the daft rumble packs on the n64, you had to buy them
> whereas on the psone you had it built in to the controller.

I will tell you this now to save you any more embarrassment as a fellow gamer. SHUT UP! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! The Dremacast you had to buy seperate Rumble Packs, so what if you did on the N64? At least you didn't have to buy memory cards to save on all games! Most you could save on the cartridge itself! I know that all the new consoles have memory cards, well the X-box also has a hard drive.

Hmmm, me thinks
> er-no is stuck in the past.

I think you'll find he's looking towards the future. You appear to be stuck in a time-zone. The time-zone where everyone speaks out their high and mighty backsides spouting rubbish, polluting the boards. Get your facts straight before complaining about a console you've not seen, played or even read about!!!

Why don't you go play your snes or mega-drive

You saying there's something wrong with the SNES or Megadrive?

but
> not for too long now-Don't want you staying up past bed time do we.

Grow up!

ha ha ha - HAHAHA yourself!
Wed 20/02/02 at 14:54
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I see MUPPET-BOY is also in this forum posting his same ol' kak!

He really is a narrow minded FOO' who should be thrown helluva far!

:p

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.