GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whta's the best fps on gc?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/12/02 at 19:36
Regular
Which game is really good but also has decent cheats for messing around etc. (not James bond)... i cant decide which fps to get
Mon 16/12/02 at 17:20
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Not with a pistol. I shot one guy four times in the head with the Walther PPk and he didnt die. And i shot on eof the ninja guys in the face twice with a shotgun. Then he shot me once with his magnu, and I died. Absolute rubbish.
Mon 16/12/02 at 17:16
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Thats because they wear armour, aim for the head, its one shot kill!
Mon 16/12/02 at 17:13
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The multiplayer.
Although the one player is nothing inspiring either.
"why don't you try pressing that button 007"
Why does Q tell you EVERYTHING? It really does make the game fantastically easy on lowere settings. And the only reason it's hard on 00Agent is that the enemies can take 3 shotgun rounds to the chest before dying.
Mon 16/12/02 at 17:07
Regular
"She's a dog!"
gerrid wrote:
and there are so many gadgets that the game
play becomes too complicated.

The gameplay too complicated. No, its mainly killing things but once in a while, in order to get open doors or shut off alarms you might need to use your laser to shoot the microchips. Oh yeah and the grapple you only use about once in each level. And i did know that the rocket launcher was in perfect dark but i prefer this one by far.
Mon 16/12/02 at 17:00
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Perfect Dark not Goldeneye.
Mon 16/12/02 at 16:59
Regular
"bit of a brain"
And the weapons in Nightfire are uninspired drivel. The best weapon is stolen from Goldeneye, and there are so many gadgets that the game play becomes too complicated.
Mon 16/12/02 at 16:58
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Nightfire is absolute tosh. Once the main game is completed, there really is nothing to keep you coming back.
Mon 16/12/02 at 16:53
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Many have replied to my comments I made earlier. I feel that

*clears throat*

TS2 is too easy. The proof is that I have completed all missions on hard and got gold or platinum on nearly every arcade league except about 3. With challenge I have them all on silver or above and cannot be bothered to replay the levels again and again to get gold. The gameplay is amazing though and it is really frantic.

Nightfire is a fantastic game. Before you even play the game, except for the first level which automatically starts, I suggest you turn off auto aim and change the controls to the Nightfire setting. The one player is short but not nearly as short as TS2 and Nightfire is incredibly hard on the hardest setting. The stealth missions are very fun.
The multiplayer is where the game delivers the most I feel. The first day I got it, I invited 3 friends round and we went through all the weapon settings and levels and we had loads of fun. The weapons are the best I have seen in a game from the laser tripmines to the guided rockets where you guide them yourself in a first person prospective (like metal gear solid 2 but you can also go up and down).
The gameplay is highly enjoyable, but not as well thought out as TS2.
It does have its flaws like it takes about five minutes to set up bots in exactly how you want them to behave, you also cant make your own weapon settings. Apart from a few minor flaws, the game is superb.

Die Hard Vendetta. To be fair I have only played it for about two hours and done the first three or so missions. I found the graphics to be a let down and the controls too reactive. Without no multiplayer it was a huge let down to what I hoped it would be.

Medal of Honor. What is wrong with you people. It is class. The graphics, the controls, the reactivity, the realness and the whole feel to the game.

Thats all I can be bothered to say.
Sun 15/12/02 at 15:25
Regular
TSP2's better but the single player story on Die Hard is much better than TSP2.

But then you've got all the different modes so yes TSP2 is a better package and it wll last you 1000 times longer.
Sun 15/12/02 at 14:54
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Having played on Die Hard Vendetta and Timesplitters 2, I would have to say that Timesplitters 2 comes out on top.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.